Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,601   Online: 882

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Last Roll of Kodachrome

National Geographic has closely documented the journey of the final roll of Kodachrome manufactured, down to its being processed.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/07/14/140...processed.html

Not the Nat Geo story but a story from Kansas about it. For all you folks nostalgic about Kodachrome.

Mike
    Last edited by mjs; 07-23-2010 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: !*#%! nonstandard tags...
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You beat me to it, just came across the link. Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for the last Kodachrome pix to grace the pages of NGM next spring. Shame to see such a fine film end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will be interesting to see what National Geographic writes about it.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's only the last roll manufactured, of course, not the last roll out there. I'm still happily shooting my stock. In fact, I just got 7 rolls back today, and just finished looking at them. What a beautiful and special film. It always, always blows me away.

-Laura

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Excuse me for this, but in this context, in this thread, with this news, it had to be said:

Kodachrome, they give us those nice bright colours
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
    I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph
    So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The article in The Wichita Eagle states:
    "National Geographic has closely documented the journey of the final roll of Kodachrome manufactured, down to its being processed."

Where is this documentation to be found? In a recent/coming issue? I can't find any hint at National Geographic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The article in The Wichita Eagle states:
    "National Geographic has closely documented the journey of the final roll of Kodachrome manufactured, down to its being processed."

Where is this documentation to be found? In a recent/coming issue? I can't find any hint at National Geographic.
    April next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't it always seem to go, That you don't know what you've got, Till it's gone ...

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin