Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,319   Online: 946

Shooter
    35mm

Lab that can both process and print color negative 4x5

Color isn't my gig, but every now and then I would like to have the ability to fire off a color shot, particularly for family group portraits. 4x5 makes more sense for this because of the high quality and the fact that I don't need to shoot a whole roll.

I would like to be able to send the film off and get processed negatives and proofs back. Then, I want to be able to send the negative that I like back and have larger prints made from it, with minimal creative involvement from me.

I don't really see that kind of full-service business model advertised for large format; usually labs advertise "film scanning services". I don't necessarily care if the print is made digitally, but I don't want to have to pay for a separate scan, then try to digitally edit the file myself, and then have a print made from that file...too much work. I want easy.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You might consider shooting color transparency instead. The transparency is its own proof, and then you just say "match the slide," and maybe let them know what's important or what slight adjustments you want, if compromises must be made (i.e., "match the slide, but give me +2.5Y and don't lose the highlight detail"). Of course that's very unlikely to be a fully analogue process these days, except at the few remaining Ilfochrome labs.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been using BWC Photo Imaging in Dallas for transparencies ( they are a full service lab). So far I have been pleased. Personally the great majority of my photography is B&W and pt/pd. So I do that myself. Their phone no. 800 445-0264. Address: 4930 Maple Ave., Dallas 75235. You can check with them for your special needs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've been using a local lab. He does not advertise that he can do 4x5 but, I asked and he does. He has a Jobo machine and a full darkroom. He really only does very small volume work though. He won't print a whole roll of 120 but will do a couple of enlargements from 4x5. You might find a similar situation there in Texas...well, maybe..?

In my search, I also found A&I in Los Angeles and Specialty Color Services in Santa Barbara are some of the few mail order labs left that advertise C-41 service for sheet film sizes...but there are others. I think Swan Labs in San Clemente (or, San Diego?), Iris Photo and....hmmm, some others that I cannot remember at the moment....will also develop C-41 sheets.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use a local place here that does what you ask. Try www.darkroomanddigital.com
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    BWC in dallas doesn't advertise proof prints from 4x5. I should call them to confirm, because it would be great if there was such a lab so close to me.
    f/22 and be there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin