Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,706   Online: 1233

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess price increases on film are to be expected given the current photographic landscape, just that a $2.09 increase seemed a little steep. Wish I had stocked up a bit more a few months back. Luckily I have plenty of 4x5 to last me a while.

Speaking of availability, Velvia 50 is pretty slim with almost all the major vendors in 35mm and 4x5. Medium format seems to be widely available. By the way, thanks for the tip on Freestyle, I'll have to check them out.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, wow. News flash: Velvia 50/36 is double that price+a bit here in Australia.
    What's your beef?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Landry View Post
    I guess price increases on film are to be expected given the current photographic landscape, just that a $2.09 increase seemed a little steep. Wish I had stocked up a bit more a few months back. Luckily I have plenty of 4x5 to last me a while.

Speaking of availability, Velvia 50 is pretty slim with almost all the major vendors in 35mm and 4x5. Medium format seems to be widely available. By the way, thanks for the tip on Freestyle, I'll have to check them out.
    Every time I go back to buy new chemicals, the price always is higher. Hence I am not surprised that Velvia's price went up. Since it is a Fuji color product be thankful that they did not discontinue it. At least in the color realm Kodak is doing the heavy lifting. <<Insert anti-Fuji rant here rather than the usual anti-Kodak crap from the "I am boycotting Kodak because ..." loony mob.>>

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I see no price changes at my end of the world.

It is still cheaper (and better) than digital. I'm not concerned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin