Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,590   Posts: 1,545,948   Online: 1236

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Velvia Price Increase??

Just checked B&H and they now finally have Velvia 50 back in stock but the price seems to have jumped a wee bit. The summer 2010 catalog lists it at $6.86 per roll (which is what I used to pay), now it's listed at $8.95…ouch.

Anyone have any other suggestions where to order Velvia that actually has it in stock? Gotta wonder if this is really the new price or a temporary blip due to supply shortages.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm located pretty far from you, but the prices of both Fuji and Kodak film seem to have gone up here. Except for Ektar 100, that one didn't change. Maybe because it's a relatively new film. Not sure if the rise here is a localized occurence or due to an increase in wholesale prices though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsalisis View Post
    I'm located pretty far from you, but the prices of both Fuji and Kodak film seem to have gone up here. Except for Ektar 100, that one didn't change. Maybe because it's a relatively new film. Not sure if the rise here is a localized occurence or due to an increase in wholesale prices though.
    I had assumed that Ektar 100 was less expensive for Kodak to produce compared to the Portra line.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I had assumed that Ektar 100 was less expensive for Kodak to produce compared to the Portra line.

Tom
    Velvia is slide film. Ektar and Portra are color negative film.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well yes, but what is your point?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like everybody else, I hate to see price increases on film, but I geuss it is better then losing them.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've noticed several increases in price in the last 6 months. TMZ went from 6ish to about 8ish. Portra 800 went from 7ish to $9.50. I think some of the Kodak slides and other Fuji slides have crept up in price too. Was Fuji 400X always $13 at B&H?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the UK the situation is this:

Fuji Prices went up about 10% begining of May
    Kodak prices have not changed for about 18 months, but they are due to go up from 11 August by around 8-10%.

The problem is summed up in one word: Silver. The price of silver is miles more than it was only 18 months ago - and it is a massive ingredient. I believe it is Ilford's most significant cost.

Unfortunately during a recession people start buying gold, silver and other similar things, and so the price is driven up - for years it was worth nothing.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think 35m 400X was $8-9/roll a few weeks ago at B&H. I just got some 35mm Velvia 50 for the old price (~$34.00 for 5 pack) from Freestyle linked above. I suspect everyone's prices will be up there with B&H soon, but, yeah, it's better than not being able to get it at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin