Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,228   Online: 865

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Try out Kodak Elite Chrome 100 (not the extra colour version) -- I have always liked it more than Sensia 100 (although Sensia 100 was a decent film.) It's also about 2/3rds the price of E100G.

To my mind, Elite Chrome 100, Elite Chrome 100 Extra Colour and Elite Chrome 200 are some of the best E6 materials on the market at a reasonable cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Apart from price, do you see any other advantages in Fuji Sensia or Kodak Elitechrome?

Tom

I find Elite Chrome 100 to be slightly warmer than E100G, which improves color in the shadows and in overcast light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve, I shoot quite a lot of Ektar in both 35mm and 120 , I get them processed at a pro lab and get excellent results with it , I may be old fashioned and don't own a scanner but I firmly believe in shooting prints on neg. film and slides on reversal film, to me correctly exposed slides projected with a good projector have a beauty that neg film or digital can't match.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How did you find the Fuji professional films better?

Tom
    Because you can choose an emulsion that has a colour saturation, contrast level and colour palate that's most suitable the task in hand .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've shot Fortia 50 and Fortia 50 SP (even more saturated) a few times in 120 - the saturation boggled the mind. It used to appear in stores around cherry blossom viewing time here in Japan (late March/early April.) This year and last year alas, it didn't show up

I can't say I'm surprised at Sensia being discontinued (though I'm not happy.) On the contrary I've been amazed that Fuji still makes so many E-6 emulsions: Velvia, Sensia, Astia, Trebi, Provia and T64. Perhaps this latest news is Fujifilm circling the wagons and protecting what emulsions it still makes. That's good news for us.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Because you can choose an emulsion that has a colour saturation, contrast level and colour palate that's most suitable the task in hand .
    I have some photography planned for 35mm transparency and had planned on getting in some Sensia. However I think I'll keep to the pro films, partly due to being able to get stock as I need it.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I could, and should have said that......and I have already corrected my original statement and said "sorry". I am also sorry that I am not perfect.

(Although it always amazes me that people actually rely on ANY information published on the Internet without checking.....)
    It's just that some of us might suffer heart attacks when reading this stuff....
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Apart from price, do you see any other advantages in Fuji Sensia or Kodak Elitechrome?

Tom
    I don't know about Elitechrome (though I may shortly be finding out!) but it's actually the lack of excessive saturation or naturalness that I liked about Sensia. All the stuff about "this film's like this and that film's good for that, etc." don't really cut any ice for me, as my slide film usage is when I'm out and about, usually on foot, and I'm a) not going to hump around various bodies loaded with different films and b) unlikely to shoot more than a few shots of one subject. Sensia was the General Motors of the film world (in more senses than one, as GM went phut!) as it offered colours I liked, a reasonable speed (I usually went for the 100ASA) and reasonable cost. I've been paying about 9GBP for 36 exposures with processing included, though as in my other recent post, I've become increasingly unhappy with the processing. Boots own brand film for a long time was AFAIK Sensia 200 and the mailer (as that was/is process paid) had Fuji Lab's address printed on it. When Fuji changed labs, i enquired and was told to keep sending the Boots branded film to the old address. The Boots brand material was a real bargain at about 7GBP for 36 exp inc processing. Boots have offered an 'own brand' slide film for as long as I can remember (my first ever colour film in 1970 was a Boots Colourslide) and it will be interesting to see what happens there.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    On the contrary I've been amazed that Fuji still makes so many E-6 emulsions: Velvia, Sensia, Astia, Trebi, Provia and T64.
    I'm afraid that Trebi has been discontinued.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...And T64....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin