Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,981   Online: 1089

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggy1 View Post
    I'm just wondering what Boots is going to do about their rebranded version of Sensia. . .

On the plus side, if they decide to throw in the towel with slides, they might sell off their stock cheaply.

On the down side however, if they decide to throw in the towel they might sell off their stock permanently.
    It's odd that Fuji can package film especially for Boots (I assume it is Sensia...surely not a special individual product?) with all the extra costs of different cassette and printed box, at a wholesale price which presumably allows Boots and them to make a profit (even at the 3-for-the-price-of-2 retail offers). Yet they seem to have all these problems and apparent lack of efficient marketing and distribution when it comes to the films sold under their own name?

Boots seem to have continued to support film for much longer than most groups (even selling Kodachrome 64 at 3-for-2 until supplies finished last autumn) but
    I wonder how much longer they will give shelf space to B&W and slide films. Very few of the supermarket stores in the UK seem to sell anything beyond disposable cameras.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    It's odd that Fuji can package film especially for Boots (I assume it is Sensia...surely not a special individual product?) with all the extra costs of different cassette and printed box,

Boots seem to have continued to support film for much longer than most groups (even selling Kodachrome 64 at 3-for-2 until supplies finished last autumn) .
    I'm pretty sure that the "Boots" cassette is unchanged and still labelled "Sensia 200", though my "pretty sure" doesn't amount to 100% - must open the back of my camera that has a partly exposed roll in it and have a look! :-)

Regarding Kodachrome, Boots in Carnarvon had about seven rolls dated July 2010 on their shelves when I was there only about a month ago (don't all rush!)

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    Regarding Kodachrome, Boots in Carnarvon had about seven rolls dated July 2010 on their shelves when I was there only about a month ago (don't all rush!)
    Before rushing, I searched for Carnarvon on google maps and on the boots website, but alas, I can't find it. No rushing for me...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Before rushing, I searched for Carnarvon on google maps and on the boots website, but alas, I can't find it. No rushing for me...
    Try "Caernarvon"....and don't let anyone from Wales find out that you've lost one of their finest towns!

Steve - The last Boots film I used was definitely branded as Boots on the cassette, though I can't recall whether it was a printed cassette or just a label on a plain cassette. My current stock is deeply frozen, so I can't get at it easily to check.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Try "Caernarvon"....and don't let anyone from Wales find out that you've lost one of their finest towns!
    Caernarfon, found it!

That would have been on my route a few years ago, but not for our upcoming holidays in the UK. When in the UK, I often visit the Boots store, just to see whether they still have film in stock. Always makes me feel good if they do.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    That's done it now! I'm clearly in danger of starting a Carnarvon/Caernarfon Kodachrome rush, along the lines of the Dolgelley/Dolgellau gold rush of a hundred years ago!

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Someone suggested Digibase CR200 as a replacement. I have tried the CR200. It has a polyester base which creates some kind of a rainbow effect (!) when you look at the material. This apparently also interferes with my film scanner, making the grain look the size of golf balls. I am not exaggerating. This is possibly the worst slide film I have ever used in 10+ years. It's outdated technology. Don't waste your time. Sensia 100 pushed to 200 is (was?) light-years ahead.
    Michael
    P.S. Please have a look at my Prague photos at: http://pragueinphotos.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin