Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,093   Online: 933

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

Fuji Sensia R.I.P

Further to my post yesyerday in which I bemoaned the poor processing standards of Sensia in Fuji's 'official' UK lab, I was speaking to the proprietor of a local photographic shop about an hour ago and he mentioned a rumour regarding Fuji's long-term (or otherwise) commitment to film production. I did a quick internet search and came up with this: http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...uji-sensia-rip
    Another one bites the dust!
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fiji's professional range slide films are a lot better than Sensia IMO and although Ektar is excellent film you can't project it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-11-2010 at 10:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad. I thought it was an excellent film for the price. I always wished that they made it in medium format. R.I.P.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    2F/2F - I'd say it was fine film regardless of the price. Interesting though that they chop what is perceived as the 'consumer' slide film rather than one of the 'professional' films in their range. I'd have thought that Sensia would be the last in the range to go rather than the first but clearly sales figures say otherwise.

benjiboy - I've seen Ektar raved about as a replacement for or alternative to slide film on many occasions. As you say, this seems to be oblivious to fact that you can't project Ektar (well, you can, but the novelty would soon wear thin!) and so perhaps there are a higher number of people than I'd have thought who like to shoot film and then scan it.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Fiji's professional range slide films are a lot better than Sensia IMO and although Ektar is excellent film you can't project it.
    How did you find the Fuji professional films better?

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    2F/2F - I'd say it was fine film regardless of the price. Interesting though that they chop what is perceived as the 'consumer' slide film rather than one of the 'professional' films in their range. I'd have thought that Sensia would be the last in the range to go rather than the first but clearly sales figures say otherwise.

Steve
    Don't forget that they've already, quite recently, chopped Astia and 64T slide films (and, I believe, some of the color neg films.). And the loss of Sensia is, effectively, three further different films gone.

Wasn't Sensia the only Fuji slide film available "process-paid", which I assume was mainly for consumer rather than Pro users. Perhaps the writing is also on-the-wall for the Leeds lab?

(With Kodachrome and Sensia gone, this seems to just about the end of the long tradition of slide films sold with processing included? Boots Colour Slide seems the only one now hanging on....and that is, SFAIK, a Sensia 200 clone?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Don't forget that they've already, quite recently, chopped Astia and 64T slide films (and, I believe, some of the color neg films.). And the loss of Sensia is, effectively, three further different films gone.

Wasn't Sensia the only Fuji slide film available "process-paid", which I assume was mainly for consumer rather than Pro users. Perhaps the writing is also on-the-wall for the Leeds lab?

(With Kodachrome and Sensia gone, this seems to just about the end of the long tradition of slide films sold with processing included? Boots Colour Slide seems the only one now hanging on....and that is, SFAIK, a Sensia 200 clone?)
    Is Astia really gone? I hadn't heard that one!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Fuji Astia is still available in mainland Europe. No import tax going into the UK:

http://www.macodirect.de/fujifilm-fu...7_418_497.html

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Fuji UK stopped importing it into the the UK some months ago, though I believe that it is still manufactured and isavailable in some others countries in Europe, and, I'd guess, the US.
    Sorry if I panicked you unnecessarily!

(If Sensia is no longer economic to make, I wonder if Fuji are still producing some of the weird-and-wonderful films which they sell in other countries....Fortia, Natura, etc.?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Fuji UK stopped importing it into the the UK some months ago, though I believe that it is still manufactured and isavailable in some others countries in Europe, and, I'd guess, the US.
    Couldn't you have just said that instead of simply calling it "chopped," especially when listing it alongside T64, which truly has been discontinued in manufacture? This is how bad information about film discontinuations gets around the Internet.
    2F/2F

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin