Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,695   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    About Rollei films:

Pan 25
    Ortho 25
    ATP1.1 (Advance Technical Pan)
    Retro 80S
    Retro 100 Tonal (Orthopan)
    Super Pan 200
    Retro 400S
    IR820/400

Apart from some rest stock:
    Retro 100 (APX100)
    Retro 400 (APX400)
    Running out of stock.

Retro 80S Superpan 200 and Retro 400S are Gevaert aviation films with extended red sensitivity.
    Retro 100 TONAL is an own formulation of Maco and is a real Orthopan film. (Like Acros 100, Efke 25-50)

So for iso 400 120 roll film you have an IR film (820nm) and the Retro 400S.

Shooter
    35mm
    WoW! I didn't expect this large of a response. Thank you ALL for the info. and weighing in. I would have responded sooner, but wasn't near a computer most of the weekend and my android phone has been acting up (I've been experimenting with it).

I've only just started coming back to film this year or so after a long hiatus, and right now I'm sticking to B&W. Acros 100 has been my main film, but I was looking a faster, complementary film. I had bought some Neo 400 in 120 and really liked it and then remembered some brouhaha about it being discontinued. When I checked, sure enough, it had been canceled. So I guess I'll experiment around to find another film to complement Acros.

Thanks for everything folks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Ah but the relative price of IR400 is pretty sobering, unless you need the long wave response! I just ran through five rolls of it and took a few sans filter to see what would happen, it looks OK, but not at $9 a roll for 120.
    Indeed...but it is certainly very nice in quality.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Loved Neopan and still have 40 rolls in the freezer but, frankly, if you loaded up on Tri-X and TMax 400, with some Delta thrown in there, you'd be 400 HAPPY for ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin