Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,566   Posts: 1,573,467   Online: 773

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Just did a bit of checking myself and yes, listed at Calumet for delivery right now and at Nova as coming soon but neither mention stocking R3 chemistry nor could I find any reference to a stockist of R3 chemistry using Google. It would seem that Nova's price means that compared to Ilfochrome paper or even Calumets type 35 reversal paper it is practically giving it away. It undercuts Calumet considerably but the whole issue raises more questions than answers.

Incidentally for U.K. lovers of Kodak Ultra Endura and who are prepared to attempt cutting themselves Calumet are prepared to sell a 12.7cm(5 inches)x 176 metre roll for £36.77. If my maths are correct that is about 977 sheets of 5x7 inches so under £4 a box of 100!!

Is this a pricing error, I wonder? It does say to call for availability which indicates it isn't in stock as most of the other stuff is more expensive and available immediately.

It might be like the old joke. Customer goes into a shop and says an item for which the shop is asking £10 is advertised at £5 in the shop opposite. Shopkeeper says: So why haven't you bought it from the shop opposite?

Customer: Because it hasn't got any right now.

Shopkeeper: OK then, when we haven't got any, our price is £5 as well :

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK, these kind of reversal papers are same type of chromogenic technology as RA-4 papers, but optimized for reversal processing, just like C-41 vs. E6 films.

So, even if chemistry is not currently available, some kind of home-brew reversal RA-4 mixes could work quite well in the meantime.

Or do anyone know the exact formulas for the chemistry? Even MSDS might help a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "Coming soon" notice on the NOVA website is refering to the prospect of a photograph of the product coming soon and the message probably shows in default of a photo being uploaded. In otherwords "Coming soon" is not referring to the arrival of a new product.

This is an old product and no longer in the Fuji portfolio - Nova probably have a box left and are looking to get rid of it. It was killed off, along with the chemistry, some time ago. With regard to Calumet, their website is often out of date.

Something important about the current Fuji cut paper - this is "basic" Fuji Crystal Archive, the type commonly found in high street mini labs, so it is a bit on the thin side when compared to the cut sheet Supra Endura that disappeared last year. It is NOT Type DP or Type MP - although I have seen it described as such! Type DP is a new RA4 paper optimised for digital exposure (Rather like the new Endura VC) but you can expose it optically and we have customers doing this (we just sent a 30" roll out today for this very purpose). Type MP is not made any more - this was the pro paper that DP has replaced. Both DP and the old MP are/were on thicker bases.

We have also found that Endure VC is fine for optical exposure, despite the original reservations people had about it - I think this was fuelled by Kodak at the begining when the paper had some teething problems. But Palm lab here in Birmingham have been printing on it no problem. It's only in rolls of course so you have to cut it yourself.
    Last edited by Matt5791; 08-23-2010 at 01:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Matt. That clears a few things up. A pity that some sites, unlike yours, aren't kept up to-date, creating confusion. I do now remember maybe over a year ago or more, Nova advertising what was the last of the reversal paper and chemistry to match.

It looks like it is type 35 and R3 - R.I.P. End of matter. It is Ilfochrome paper and chemistry or nothing.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    The "Coming soon" notice on the NOVA website is refering to the prospect of a photograph of the product coming soon and the message probably shows in default of a photo being uploaded. In otherwords "Coming soon" is not referring to the arrival of a new product.

This is an old product and no longer in the Fuji portfolio - Nova probably have a box left and are looking to get rid of it. It was killed off, along with the chemistry, some time ago. With regard to Calumet, their website is often out of date.

Something important about the current Fuji cut paper - this is "basic" Fuji Crystal Archive, the type commonly found in high street mini labs, so it is a bit on the thin side when compared to the cut sheet Supra Endura that disappeared last year. It is NOT Type DP or Type MP - although I have seen it described as such! Type DP is a new RA4 paper optimised for digital exposure (Rather like the new Endura VC) but you can expose it optically and we have customers doing this (we just sent a 30" roll out today for this very purpose). Type MP is not made any more - this was the pro paper that DP has replaced. Both DP and the old MP are/were on thicker bases.

We have also found that Endure VC is fine for optical exposure, despite the original reservations people had about it - I think this was fuelled by Kodak at the begining when the paper had some teething problems. But Palm lab here in Birmingham have been printing on it no problem. It's only in rolls of course so you have to cut it yourself.
    Many thanks indeed for this update - most interesting.

As Supra Endura VC has been passed fit for using optically, do you think there's any chance of a third-party being employed to chop it into sheets, a la Fuji's CA? Failing that, will AG Photographic be offering rolls?

Many thanks once again (and apologies for the Fuji confusion)

Shooter
    35mm
    The Fuji is being cut by Ilford. But I suppose there needs to be a middle person to supply the rolls, pay Ilford and store / distribute the boxes. Wonder who that is as they may consider doing Endura VC too, unless it's actually Fuji themselves.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger2000 View Post
    Many thanks indeed for this update - most interesting.

As Supra Endura VC has been passed fit for using optically, do you think there's any chance of a third-party being employed to chop it into sheets, a la Fuji's CA? Failing that, will AG Photographic be offering rolls?

Many thanks once again (and apologies for the Fuji confusion)
    Guess what....................We can supply Endura VC in sheets right now if anyone wants it (and we will be listing the rolls too, which we can also supply right now) but the price of this sheet Endura (which is available in Gloss, Lustre and Matt) is quite a lot more than the FCArchive we have already.

If anyone is interested please do email us at sales@ag-photographic.co.uk

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt,

That’s fantastic news, and will no doubt be of interest to a great many people on this forum. I for one will be sure to try the VC Endura in sheets once I’ve finished off the last of my existing Supra. Good work indeed that man.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I'm gonna revive this thread to post something I found from the Fuji India website.

http://www.fujifilm.in/products/busi...reversalpaper/

I haven't contacted them yet but seems like they may still be selling this stuff in India.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently was gifted a box of 100 8x10 old stock but still viable Kodak Radiance paper, for colour prints from transparencies.

I do a b&w first developer in a tray in absolute darkness (time/temperature/dilution to first develop versus time to expose is a matter to work out with the developer chosen). Water rinse and then optical re-expose after first 20 seconds on the water rinse. I then feed the wet print into the regular RA-4 chemistry in my roller processor for the rest of the processing.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin