Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,637   Online: 891

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

New Fuji Reversal Paper?

Hello,

Was just having a potter around the Nova Darkroom website, when I came across this intriguing new product line, coming soon...

http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/...i_Type_35.html

Could it be that what Fuji takes away with one hand (Sensia, Reala etc), it gives back with another?

Any information on the known quality of this paper and availability of the associated chemistry would be most welcome. It's certainly a dashed sight cheaper than Ilfochrome.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a former Fuji paper that suddenly emerges in the UK.
    But where is the chemistry...
    Last edited by AgX; 08-17-2010 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I, too, thought this paper had been discontinued years ago along with Kodak Radiance. It's not listed on Fujifilmusa.com.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least two dealers offer/announce it. Even if the paper would still be good, what is the use if the chemistry is no longer produced?

Shooter
    35mm
    I was at Nova on Monday buying up their last stocks of Endura. I spoke for a while with them about colour papers in general and Fuji in particular, but there was no mention of a new pos-pos paper on the way. But then, we were speaking about RA4 papers.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Steve,

Just out of interest, what did the chaps at Nova have to say about Fuji's new RA-4 sheets? I'm yet to try them but, as a Kodak negative man, I'm quite dubious as quite a few people on here seem to think that Fuji paper doesn't print Kodak stuff very well.

Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I was at Nova on Monday buying up their last stocks of Endura. I spoke for a while with them about colour papers in general and Fuji in particular, but there was no mention of a new pos-pos paper on the way. But then, we were speaking about RA4 papers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Roger,

They told me the paper was thinner than the Endura and that I should expect a cooler looking print. They didn't go into any detail regarding differences between printing Kodak or Fuji negs but I got the impression that they hadn't done a very thorough test and were just giving me their initial impressions.

Oh, and whilst I was there they told me that so far that day they'd had five people in to buy darkroom materials (this was around 1pm) and then another chap came in and bought some of the Fuji RA4 paper. The analogue business is 'stable' they told me.
    Steve.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What new RA-4 paper? The latest version I know of was introduced end 2008.

Shooter
    35mm
    Roger sounds like a phone call to Nova is required. I cannot see Nova selling reversal paper unless it expects to have suitable chemistry or be able to direct you to some.

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is listed at Calumet UK too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin