Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,219   Online: 959

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Costco warehouses around Toronto stopped selling film 4-5 years. Only 1 out of 8 still processes film and that's likely to fold soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Last time I was in the closest one to me their wet-process Noritsu was gone, replaced with what looked like a dry-process printer. So, no, they don't process anything anymore. This is a shame because in the past when I visited there were always several 35mm films hanging up to dry, and also they printed (albeit digitally) on Fuji Crystal Archive colour paper, which I liked. Also, if you asked for a CD they gave medium-resolution scans from the Noritsu, unlike the local Walmart, which spits out low-resolution scans. Not that it's a concern for us APUGers, though

From what I understand from other forums, processing has been discontinued in all Costcos in Western Canada (Manitoba to BC). I have seen packs of Superia occasionally, but it's very inconsistent.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Costco's film volume around Toronto tanked in 2008 after a steady decline since about 2003. Their printing volume is reportedly way down and upticks only during periodic print sales.Frankly, though, their quality was often inconsistent and became consistently bad when volume slipped a few years ago. My warehouse even managed to lose a couple of rolls last year when they processed only about 30-40 rolls/week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin