Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,547   Online: 984

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post

Please, PLEASE, just tell me a good story!
    Read a book!

Some very good books are being written but sales are going down due to the fact that most people love to see a dull movie remake!

BTW, sales of books about magic and the occult are going upward. Maybe something is really wrong here.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Read a book!

Some very good books are being written but sales are going down due to the fact that most people love to see a dull movie remake!

BTW, sales of books about magic and the occult are going upward. Maybe something is really wrong here.

PE
    I'm ordering Stephen Hawking's new book, "The Grand Design". Can't wait to read about his "M-theory", with "11 space-time dimensions, vibrating strings, point particles, two-dimensional membranes, three-dimensional blobs, and other objects that are more difficult to picture and occupy even more dimensions of space."
    Sounds pretty cool to me!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Back to the OP's initial "concerns:"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/06/movies/06box.html?hpw

Shooter
    Multi Format

PE
    Hey, if one of them can show me how to conjure Kodachrome in a crockpot I'm interested! But it had better show me how to turn it into a finished slide...no scratches or funny color, either!

That's me..crackpot with a crockpot. But if it works I'll be rich, at least as rich as Kodak!

Oh.
    Uhhmm....
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    I'm ordering Stephen Hawking's new book, "The Grand Design". Can't wait to read about his "M-theory", with "11 space-time dimensions, vibrating strings, point particles, two-dimensional membranes, three-dimensional blobs, and other objects that are more difficult to picture and occupy even more dimensions of space."
    Sounds pretty cool to me!
    "His M-theory"?

That has been the subject of many articles before Hawking and Ed Witten has been giving talks on 11 space for years. You don't read enough!

Hawking had to retract his biggest theory, and now he proposes a universe without God. Someone may take a Fatwa out on him!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Hey, if one of them can show me how to conjure Kodachrome in a crockpot I'm interested! But it had better show me how to turn it into a finished slide...no scratches or funny color, either!

That's me..crackpot with a crockpot. But if it works I'll be rich, at least as rich as Kodak!

Oh.
    Uhhmm....
    Yeah, Kodak rich? Nowdays that is a real oxymoron or something!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    most digital photography is done by sloppy shooters... once you get behind photoshop and start manipulating your image, it takes as long as it would in the darkroom, (sometimes longer when you factor in the lousy digital image people start with). The only difference is ones a "dry" process and one isn't.

film will die, who knows when or how? soon? maybe... and it will come in a way no one predicted but by a combination of factors.

our job is to use, encourage, and teach and it will be around a bit longer that we think!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, Kodak rich? Nowdays that is a real oxymoron or something!

PE
    I'll be any kind of moron if it'll make me rich!

Or even provide a steady income.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this sounds like we're due for another rate increase at the hands of multi-national companies that will tell us 'as demand drops, prices will increase'. What horror. what shit. But that is ALOT of dye and emulsion that is going to sit in a warehouse. Maybe we'll get access as consumers to some new emulsions as they try to figure out what to do with it all. Hopefully they'll find a way to re-use any surplus without just passing the costs on to us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You cannot reuse or "rescue" outdated or surplus film or paper. It is essentially scrap. Look at it from the aspect of a butcher shop. What do they do with meats that have gone beyond the expiration date and are now bad?

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin