Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,305   Posts: 1,681,634   Online: 1078

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I reported recently that one of the production machines at EK has shut down. This machine was used primarily in the production of Motion Picture products. So, whatever is said, the effect lingers in production.
    No disagreement with that.

I was just commenting on BetterSense's prodigious powers of prognostication. And I loved his phrase, "I hate 3D with the burning passion of a thousand suns," remembering it when I read the article last night on the recent market demise of 3D motion pictures. Several others had also expressed a similar sentiment - albeit not quite so poetically.

That's all...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And my point was that even with the rapid decline in 3D, the traditional MP market has not rebounded significantly. The economy has a lot to do with it though.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again, no disagreements. I was just amazed by the 'Bambino' moment of accurately calling that particular shot seven months in advance...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken;

No argument. Kodak is being wounded by a thousand cuts. This is just one more, but quite serious blow. Even if 3D vanished today, the inroads of digital MP conversion have taken place. The 3D fad came and went in the 50s with a whole slew of methods and pictures. And the gimmicks were the same then to wow the audience. And, it is due to fade again and come back again, but with 3D TV here, there may be a change that is hidden below the surface. I see quite a few people buying those, and there are more and more 3D DVDs out there.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin