Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,651   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 858

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by K-G View Post
    I have never heard of any 220 film of any type from Agfa, but I am not quite sure.
    Karl-Gustaf
    For some years there were one or two of Agfa's professional colour films available in 220. However they may have been made and/or finished for Agfa by someone else. For example when Agfa's reversal films changed over to the E6 process, the first 120 rollfilms were made for them in Japan, but packed in Germany (according to the boxes). Until shortly before the closure of their film business Konica-Minolta made some of their professional colour films in 220, and going back much earlier even Orwo in the former East Germany made films in 220. However times have changed, and it seems clear that no-one now is going to introduce new 220 films in black & white. Nor, despite some people's suggestions, is this a film that can be made as a "cottage industry" production. So perhaps now is the time to accept that and move on. It will at least mean that Simon at Ilford doesn't have to answer the same question on apug every 6 months or so!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just read all the posts on this thread and it strikes me that all the wishful thinking, hand wringing and hair tearing in the World isn't going to to make it commercially viable for the manufacturers to make monochrome 220 film in a digital era, film makers exist to make a profit for their shareholders, not to enhance the art and science of photography, sometimes we just have to accept things as they are and bow to the inevitable, and be content with the fact that they are making film at all .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy
    I've just read all the posts on this thread and it strikes me that all the wishful thinking, hand wringing and hair tearing in the World isn't going to to make it commercially viable for the manufacturers to make monochrome 220 film in a digital era, film makers exist to make a profit for their shareholders, not to enhance the art and science of photography, sometimes we just have to accept things as they are and bow to the inevitable, and be content with the fact that they are making film at all .
    HERETIC!

Oh! Wait. Wrong congregation.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dumb question from a 135/126/110 shooter: are there any 220 only camera bodies? I thought most MF could take 120 or 220 backs. No 60mm wide bulk film? Rare as hen's teeth? I know I wish I could still get B&W 126 but it seems all I can get is color or try to bulk load my own.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley
    Dumb question from a 135/126/110 shooter: are there any 220 only camera bodies? I thought most MF could take 120 or 220 backs. No 60mm wide bulk film? Rare as hen's teeth? I know I wish I could still get B&W 126 but it seems all I can get is color or try to bulk load my own.
    There are a few, but not many. One of the old Yashica Mat models is supposedly 220 only, but I doubt they sold many. I have never seen one.

I cannot think of anything else that is 220 only.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So if they aren't 220 only then I guess the question is, why not get a 120 back and shoot 120? It's kind of like being upset because it is nearly impossible to find 12-exposure rolls of 35mm film then, isn't it?

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley
    So if they aren't 220 only then I guess the question is, why not get a 120 back and shoot 120? It's kind of like being upset because it is nearly impossible to find 12-exposure rolls of 35mm film then, isn't it?
    I think the analogy would be more like being upset because 36 exposure rolls were discontinued and all you can get now are the 12 exposure ones.

For someone shoptong a lot more exposures is easier.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I think the analogy would be more like being upset because 36 exposure rolls were discontinued and all you can get now are the 12 exposure ones.

For someone shoptong a lot more exposures is easier.
    Yes of course I had it backwards... duh.

I must say I used to prefer a short roll so I could finish it faster but now that I'm processing my own I sure like to fill up the reels! So I guess for processing too it would be faster to do 220 rolls. I didn't think of that...

Happiness is...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin