Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,387   Online: 1106

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    50D, 200T, and 500T seem to be the interesting motion films to me.
    I would tend to agree. Fuji has a 64 that looks nice as well.

Check out these Fuji positive MP films - http://www.fujifilm.com/products/mot...ucts/#positive

Do enough people agree that the name of this thread should be changed to something more fitting to the motion picture film discussion we're having? I'm sure the moderator's would do it if asked.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    World on the street is that Fuji Vivid 160T with an 85 filter is finer grained and sharper than 64D. I think the same is true for Kodak Vision2 100T and 50D. Now that Vision2 100T is gone and replaced with Vision3 200T, I'm not sure if that still holds true.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had 400 ft of vision2 500t for about a year now... i would say that although it's cool film i much rather prefer a roll of portra 400.... and the remjet backing is really easy to remove at home with some washing soda and some warm water

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    I would tend to agree. Fuji has a 64 that looks nice as well.

Check out these Fuji positive MP films - http://www.fujifilm.com/products/mot...ucts/#positive

Do enough people agree that the name of this thread should be changed to something more fitting to the motion picture film discussion we're having? I'm sure the moderator's would do it if asked.
    I believe those are release/print films (i.e. they are for making positive images from original negatives, to then be run through a projector) and as such are generally not as useful for taking original pictures. Not like, say, Kodak's Ektachrome 100D camera film, which is a true reversal film.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    me interested-whot is expiration date on the box indication? (sale ebay,other)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselbond View Post
    me interested-whot is expiration date on the box indication? (sale ebay,other)
    I don't think there is an offer for film currently pending.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you see the expiration date on the box indication?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails film.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Motion picture film does not have an expiry date on it because storage conditions are considered the important factor. Cinematographers do fog / exposure tests to determine the characteristics.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselbond View Post
    you see the expiration date on the box indication?
    Sorry... completely didn't understand what you were asking.

Interesting state of affairs though, no expiry.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Interesting state of affairs though, no expiry.
    Well typically you'd only spend the thousands (or tens of thousands) of dollars on motion film when you are ready to shoot. It doesn't make much sense to order several thousand feet of film until you are ready to go ahead with a project. Even on the small student scale, Kodak and Fuji deliver within a day or two, so there's not much of a reason to stock up with your film for your next three movies, for example. And you pretty much buy direct, so there's not a lot of shelves sitting around with motion picture on it waiting for the consumer to buy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin