Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,969   Online: 1072

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, I've got way too much of this stuff and have to clear up some space in the fridge, so I've listed some 100' rolls of 5219 (Vision3 500T) for sale in the classifieds.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How much 500T?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a *lot* of 500T, of various vintages, in addition to several other speeds, some daylight balanced. I've cut down one 1000' roll of the 5219 to sell for now because that's basically brand new film and sure to be good. The rest of it I want to wait until I get my test rolls back before I start parting with any of the excess. If it's not been stored well as claimed I want to find that out myself before passing it on to others.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    please,give me more information on how to protect motion picture films from X-ray fog for international shipments.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I miss KPA-40
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK at long last I've sent my 19 test rolls of various movie film stocks off to Double-X Ltd for processing. Eagerly awaiting the results... and of course I'll post them here!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Exciting!

I've been meaning to post on this thread, but bad news. My single roll of 500T has been at CineLab for literally a year or more now. I'm beyond frustrated, I've almost stopped caring. I'm sure I'll get it back someday, but what a total waste of time it's been. Hopefully Double-X is better... looking forward to the results. I cannot recommend CineLab, based off my experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you followed up with them in any way?

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another user here told me he'd been talking with CineLab and they just completed a big long move to a new location, and don't expect to have their machine back up and running until July... so I certainly wouldn't expect it any earlier than that!

I just talked with Karl at Double-X and he's waiting on another person's 11 rolls that are due to arrive there in the next couple of days and then he should be running it all next week. I'm having them process the film and make contact positives of all of it, just so I'll have be armed with the most options to make a decision on how useful it all is. The positives will take care of the matching-neg-pos-materials problem with trying to put ECN negs into a C-41 workflow... but it also drives up the cost of course. But I'll do everything every which way and post some results here.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh I've followed up innumerable times. I've been hearing that they're moving and that their line is down for many, many months now.

I never expected that my lowly roll of film would be a priority, but I'm just incredibly unimpressed with the whole experience. I just sent them an email saying that I want it sent back to me, which is something they actually suggested themselves a while back. I accepted that offer and then never heard another thing about it!

So, take this with a grain of salt, but my enthusiasm for ECN-II processing has been hampered. But if Double-X has 30 rolls, that's a good sign.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin