Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,821   Online: 869

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Make your own developer and DIY. See the posting here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...orial-use.html and the other one titled Color Developer Quest. Yes, there are some issues with color balance but tweaking it is half the fun and you don't have to wait for someone to run your film. Balance issues should be correctable in printing (hope to get to that within the next week or so) and are definitely fixable in scanning. The mixing from scratch is not hard to do and the materials are not expensive. Remjet is NOT to be feared.

The ECN-II films are really nice, cheap, and hopefully won't go away soon.

-- Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys seen this website? http://www.ecn-2.com/development/

Cross-posted here.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    You guys seen this website? http://www.ecn-2.com/development/

Cross-posted here.
    That company imploded and left some high-profile wedding photographers without their negs. I'm surprised the site is still up, but I'd stay away from it if I were you. I got burned too, but only a couple of rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang... thanks for the tip. That might explain why they never responded to my email.

A lot of broken hearts and shattered dreams on the road to ECN-II processing I guess....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, it's been a holy grail/wild goose chase for me so far. I'm able to process a few rolls at a time with the help of some friends, but haven't found a solution so far for shooting it in quantity (I shoot weddings and would love to shoot 500t for receptions). I'm still actively searching though, and will shout far and wide if I come up with something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder how Double-X is working out for Duncan.. ? These guys might be the way to go. I'd suggest shooting them an email at least; I did in the past and they seemed legit and friendly. But, I'm holding my breath until there's definitive proof...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM me privately and I can give you some info, as no doubt can Duncan.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    I wonder how Double-X is working out for Duncan.. ? These guys might be the way to go. I'd suggest shooting them an email at least; I did in the past and they seemed legit and friendly. But, I'm holding my breath until there's definitive proof...
    I sent them 18 rolls of ECN-2 consisting of 15 or 16 different emulsion types (plus one of 5285, which is the 100D reversal) and am eagerly awaiting their return so I can report on the results here!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That website says that they hand process the films. I find that interesting. I wonder if a minilab can be modified for ECN-2
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Which site, ECN-2.com or Double Exposure? Dbl-X uses a cine processing machine. ECN-2 did process by hand, when they were functioning.

I don't think a minilab would be able to be modified, at least not to incorporate rem-jet removal. It's at least partly a mechanical process…something needs to knock that stuff off the back of the film. As for the chemical part, perhaps. I think the steps are roughly the same as C41, just the chemistry and times are different.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin