Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,262   Online: 832

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello:
    I'm developing a plugin for Photoshop, After Effects, and other programs and platforms. It emulates the look of film and digital cameras using a special revolutionary profiling method.
    Can someone put me in the right path in terms of, where can I get the rolls of film for my SRL like, Kodak Vision 250D, 500T, etc..
    I read this entire thread, but I'm new in this, and I need to learn from scratch how to develop, using the chemicals, the right aperture on the camera, ISO, shutter speed etc. Any help will be appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once captured on film, a correction for improper lighting cannot be made. See Post Exosure, by Ctein.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Once captured on film, a correction for improper lighting cannot be made. See Post Exosure, by Ctein.

PE

... unless you have carefully controlled the exposure conditions. Remember the film unbuilding to scene log luminance work and simulation work that went on in Photo Tech in the '80s?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred;

Ctein clarly shows the difficulty doing that due to the film latitude. It is a problem.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Ctein clarly shows the difficulty doing that due to the film latitude. It is a problem.
    I agree that shooting day light balanced slide film in tungsten light without filters is a big nono. But if you overexpose negative film by a stop or two and the scene doesn't have excessive contrast, the film's latitude should (and in my experience does) allow post color correction.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may work, depending on the latitude of each layer making up for the big differences in speed.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pm709 View Post
    Hello:
    I'm developing a plugin for Photoshop,
    In the context of APUG, Photoshop is a retail establishment where one can buy Film and other Photo Supplies. The owner does not like anyone plugging things in without permission..

where can I get the rolls of film for my SRL like, Kodak Vision 250D, 500T, etc..
    The Kodak Vison series like the soon to be discontinued Fuji Eterna series are Motion Picture Negative films for the ECN-2 Process. If you only need a few hundred feet of any of them, you can probably get them from a dealer in "short ends" - film that Motion picture camera operators have left over after a shot, that are removed from the camera as they are too short for the next planned shot.

You can use a bulk loader to place the film in a cassette for your SLR. Processing is tricky as all of the films in that class have the dreaded "remJet" backing. which is removed by the motion picture processing machine. Search ECN on the forum for endless discussion on the ins and outs of ECN
    Last edited by cmacd123; 10-24-2012 at 07:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fix quite syntax
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello:I'm developing a plugin for Photoshop, After Effects, and other programs and platforms.
    pm709. Welcome to APUG. You will find that some people here suffer adverse reactions when they read about things related to digital imaging like Photoshop and After Effects. (Many others of us here have a foot in 'both worlds'.) You might want to ask your questions over in DPUG; people there don't mind talking about 'both worlds'.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    pm709. Welcome to APUG. You will find that some people here suffer adverse reactions when they read about things related to digital imaging like Photoshop and After Effects. (Many others of us here have a foot in 'both worlds'.) You might want to ask your questions over in DPUG; people there don't mind talking about 'both worlds'.
    Thank you. Wow!, I didn't see that coming, I didn't know that there is a DPUG either LOL, anyway, apologies.
    I'm a film lover, the most passionate of all, believe me, and I'm just very interested in develop film myself, in order to save its look for the future, (regarding the media).

Shooter
    35mm
    cmacd123 , thanks for the information, really appreciated.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin