Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,850   Online: 1005

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, yeah, I saw it eventually too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found this website that would sell short pieces of film. http://www.tapesuperstore.com/kovi50conefi1.html This is where I originally planned to try to get it from.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK, Fuji announced the discontinuance some time ago, though it is still in stock at many retailers' shops. This speaks to the incredibly low demand for it that caused its discontinuance in the first place. The things that most people used this film for are now done almost entirely with digital cameras. Same story with Pro 800Z, Superia 800, and Superia 1600 (that latter two of which are discontinued, at least as far as I can tell).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    There is a lab here. It's just a matter of me actually ordering some short pieces of the film and rolling it up.
    Can you divulge the name of that lab? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you.

For those interested, I contacted this lab recently and spoke with Brad. I explained the situation that we still photographers are in (no more tungsten balanced film available). He told me that they can process short lengths by attaching them to longer pieces, and would be interested in offering such a service for pricing roughly comparable to what we pay for C-41 develop only.

Anyone interested in this, I recommend emailing CineLab to tell them about your interest. I also mentioned the possibility that some people might even be interested in using 16mm in short lengths as well, though I'm no expert on that (Minox?).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that sounds like a great idea. I do believe that they would have something special if they did that; I've yet to see movie film processed as it is supposed to be, and for that reason it hasn't interested me. But to be able to do it right.. I'm interested.

The 2nd part of this would be who is willing to take the long rolls and cut them down? A joint effort might be in order for that to be realistic.

I'm going to email them and express my interest, I encourage others to do the same.

General & Printing Questions - chandler@cinelab.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marylandphoto View Post
    I have about 20 rolls left of T64 and EPY combined and not sure if I'm getting more.
    Wanna sell 'em?
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If enough of us got together and were interested, living near this lab, I think I might be willing to cut up a roll and help us use it..

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    If enough of us got together and were interested, living near this lab, I think I might be willing to cut up a roll and help us use it..
    A promising idea, Ektagraphic. What type of film is everyone most interested in? I'm mostly interested in Vision 500T. Not quite near you , but also not too far away considering US mail.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin