Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,587   Online: 1194

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am seriously going to order some within the next day or two and I will probably pick up about 20 ft. to see how it goes.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&Wpositive, so were they receptive to the idea... I mean, they'll do it? Perhaps I shall give them a call.

Ektagraphic, if you get more than you want, I'd be interested in a roll or two, or three.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well maybe I'll put some in my bulk loader and roll up maybe 8 rolls for people?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll have to check what's in the fridge, but if what you lack is the film I could send you some! I don't think I have any 500T, or maybe even anything-T, probably more like 250D. I'm away until the end of the week, so you might get it faster by buying some. That place you linked to earlier sells short short ends of 500T for .15 a foot. That's $15 per 100 ft, easily the cheapest bulk 35mm film on the planet!

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    B&Wpositive, so were they receptive to the idea... I mean, they'll do it? Perhaps I shall give them a call.

Ektagraphic, if you get more than you want, I'd be interested in a roll or two, or three.
    Yes, they sounded willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Well maybe I'll put some in my bulk loader and roll up maybe 8 rolls for people?
    I'd be willing to pay you for cost of film, cassettes, and postage, plus an extra couple of dollars for rolling a few 36 exp rolls of 500T. My bulk loader isn't working and I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great.. this could be a lot of fun!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I found filmemporium - 5th at google search - sells many many most modern Kodak Movie Films at a price 0,16 dollars per feet and they cut whatever you want.
    I looked their 35 mm Kodak page and there are films and their sample shots at their side.
    I liked some of them and hated some of them.
    Some cold steel blue sea and discusting yellow , red like digital also available at their collection.
    I dont know what happened to 50s excellent technicolor colors but some of new movies have terrible colors like Da Vinci Code.
    I found lowest listed vision 3 200 ASA film which have some fashion shots are the closest 70s ektachrome real kodak shots.
    Holmburgers , 100 feet cost 16 dollars plus shipping from ground ups costs 12 dollars to kansas.
    Yes older the Leica is better , older the Kodak is better.
    They could not do it upside down !
    And 10 spoon of borax to few liters of warm water and a sponge reported at Cinema Konvas forum for to remove carbon backing in a glue.
    Than C41.
    I saw some 5222 BW Double X D76 pictures at that forum and this is the film I wanted , light gives an texture , not death film.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ordered 200' of short ends of Vision3 500T from FilmEmporium, assuming I'd get 2 or 3 spools that added up to that much - what I got was a factory sealed 200' can! To my knowledge Kodak doesn't currently sell it on 200' spools, but the film has not been on the market that long so either they only offered it that way for a short time, or it was a special order for someone who didn't use all of it, and who sold the leftovers to FilmEmporium. I have the split reels and winders necessary to spool it down to fit in my bulk loaders, what I don't have for another week or two is TIME. Assuming nobody else has made any progress on this before then, I'll send out some 36-exposure carts to people that want to try it - might as well get Cinelab a lot of business! (At .16 a foot I'm not worried about the cost of giving some of it away to fellow enthusiasts...) I also have some older 250D from both Kodak and Fuji.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone had any time to make any progress yet?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I got 100 ft of Vision3 500T spooled off the bigger roll and onto a core for my bulk loader. My *(&(*&%%^& rewind post broke as I was putting the split reel on, so I had to do it by hand. Lots of fun in the dark! I just need to find a few spare minutes to spool some down into 36-exposure carts now. And go shoot some pictures! I did grab a sturdier set of rewinds on ebay for when I spool down the 250D.

If a few of you want a couple of rolls of the 500T to try, I'd be happy to send them to you free of charge. (I was hoping to offer the 250D at the same time but I can't do that until the rewinds get here.) PM me your address and I'll mail them out. I'll post back here if a crazy number of people have taken me up on it, to stop the offer, but assuming it's just a few people that plan to follow through with this and shoot it and get cinelab to process it, no problem.

Duncan

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin