Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,454   Posts: 1,570,502   Online: 1025

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by photoncatcher View Post
    If all else fails, you could use daylight film, and filter.
    Bad move.. the filter factor going that way is HUGE, and most places with Tungsten light are not as Brite as Daylight. The Movie lads use allmost exclusivly tungsten films, and are never far from their Trusty 85 Filter.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree. That's the whole point here, high speed and tungsten; something that is inachievable with any color film, save perhaps for Press 1600 and a filter, which would be rubbish anyways.

I frankly don't understand why there are fast daylight films.... I mean, if it's daylight you don't need that speed! 400 on up should be tungsten, eh? Viva la película cinematográfica!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try photographing birds with a long telephoto lens and fast shutter speeds. 3200 seems slow...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Touché!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    I got 100 ft of Vision3 500T spooled off the bigger roll and onto a core for my bulk loader. My *(&(*&%%^& rewind post broke as I was putting the split reel on, so I had to do it by hand. Lots of fun in the dark! I just need to find a few spare minutes to spool some down into 36-exposure carts now. And go shoot some pictures! I did grab a sturdier set of rewinds on ebay for when I spool down the 250D.

If a few of you want a couple of rolls of the 500T to try, I'd be happy to send them to you free of charge. (I was hoping to offer the 250D at the same time but I can't do that until the rewinds get here.) PM me your address and I'll mail them out. I'll post back here if a crazy number of people have taken me up on it, to stop the offer, but assuming it's just a few people that plan to follow through with this and shoot it and get cinelab to process it, no problem.

Duncan
    I've got new rewinds, and I only sent out rolls to a couple of people before, so I'll make the offer once again: a couple of rolls free to people that will actually shoot them and send them to cinelab. (They are still willing to do this; pricing and other details yet to be nailed down...) I admit, I haven't shot mine yet, but any day now! I can offer Vision3 500T (5219) or some Vision2 250D (5205).

Duncan
    Last edited by frobozz; 01-21-2011 at 09:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Silly question I suspect but can't you process the 500T in standard E-6? Or is there a different process for the tungsten balanced slides? Or is there remjet on the film stock?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps a fresh thread should be made to either a) point them to this thread or b) just a new thread.

I know that when I'm surfing the "New Posts" section I might not click on something that appears to be uninteresting or whatever, and so if they looked once, they might not look again. And although this does relate to "Tungsten slide films" kinda, it's really become more about using movie film in still cameras which I think is something people are very interested in.

Or better yet, put it on the FREE FREE... stuff thread or in the For Sale classifieds, for $0.

P.S. I got the PM from BWPositive and that sounds great! I'll probably finish up my 1st roll tonight... so c'mon Duncan!

I'm sure people would take you up on the offer if only they knew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well if I put it in the FREE FREE FREE thread I'd get people taking me up on it just 'cause it's free! I'm more than willing to give up the dollar worth of film and the bulk loading cartridges and the couple of bucks in postage to folks that are seriously interested in trying this out, but I'm not looking to send film into everyone's "that might be neat someday" junk drawer. Heck, I'm seriously interested in this but even I'm having trouble finding the time to shoot the stuff! (The crazy low temps here in Chicago aren't helping.)

In answer to the previous question: yes, it's got Remjet backing.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd love to join in and shoot a roll but I think living in the UK will make the logistics too complicated.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Well if I put it in the FREE FREE FREE thread I'd get people taking me up on it just 'cause it's free! I'm more than willing to give up the dollar worth of film and the bulk loading cartridges and the couple of bucks in postage to folks that are seriously interested in trying this out, but I'm not looking to send film into everyone's "that might be neat someday" junk drawer.
    You're right, and I"m not suggesting that you whore away your efforts, which by the way are incredibly appreciated. You could introduce a caveat in the post about processing and your expectations. It'd take a little faith in your fellow APUGger, but it could work.

In reality though, I think you should just charge a bit for it. I'd be totally fine paying $5 for a roll, shipping included or something around there.

Anyways, it's your call..
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin