Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,407   Online: 983

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I'd love to join in and shoot a roll but I think living in the UK will make the logistics too complicated.
    I'd be happy to send you some, but then you'd either have to find a willing lab over there, or go through the hassle and expense (and potential x-rays?) of shipping it back to the US for processing and back there again afterwards. Maybe you could just tell us what to take pictures of for you and we'll do it over here and save two trips on the film :-)

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Posting film back and forth isn't too much of an issue, after all, I did it with Kodachrome and also when I've used DR5 lab. The big issue is the lab you've located and it's great that they're able to deal with amateurs sending in short rolls, but overseas amateurs just adds to the hassle and it may not be worth their while. But if cinelab are set up for overseas payments and shipping, I'd still love to join in.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Silly question I suspect but can't you process the 500T in standard E-6? Or is there a different process for the tungsten balanced slides? Or is there remjet on the film stock?
    Negative movie film isn't E6 process, it's ECN2 and includes a ramjet backing.

If you google around there are some people who've manually scrubbed off the ramjet before then home processing it in C41 chemistry, with varying levels of success.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Posting film back and forth isn't too much of an issue, after all, I did it with Kodachrome and also when I've used DR5 lab. The big issue is the lab you've located and it's great that they're able to deal with amateurs sending in short rolls, but overseas amateurs just adds to the hassle and it may not be worth their while. But if cinelab are set up for overseas payments and shipping, I'd still love to join in.
    PM me your address, and I'll send you a couple of rolls, and then at least you'll have them in hand if things work out that way.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cooper View Post
    If you google around there are some people who've manually scrubbed off the ramjet before then home processing it in C41 chemistry, with varying levels of success.
    Indeed; there's a couple threads here about ECN2 for pictorial use, with examples. I think PE might have had a hand...

The thing about X-pro in C-41 is that although you will get an image, none of the archival properties of the material exist anymore. So there's no guarantee that the image won't degrade over time, perhaps severely. Or so I've heard...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So I've recently been in contact with a place in Ohio that will develop ECN-2 rolls. They also offer positives on Vision 2383, paper prints, and scans. Prices sound reasonable ($5/roll for dev). They do not appear to have a website, nor have I ever heard of the place before. My brother is in film school in Ohio and has never mentioned a motion film lab in state. So I'm not exactly sure what the status of the place is. Sounds like it's worth a try.

I found the address on this flickr group.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, that's awesome Tim. Sounds like there are some options then.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm super stoked about this Vision stuff.

My brother just got back the footage for a short we shot over Christmas. We opted to get DPX scans for the transfer and he just sent me a three random frames for me to check out. Here's one of Vision3 200T with an 85 filter and a Tiffen Enhancer. Sorry it's not a better frame - he just copied me 3 random ones. This was 16mm stock shot on an Arri SR2 and a Zeiss 10-100 convert to S16 by Optex (I think thats the deal...). Anyway, I think it looks great. I can only imagine what it would look like in 35mm stills format.

HP Thomcraft II frame grab. by ezwal, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cooper View Post
    Negative movie film isn't E6 process, it's ECN2 and includes a ramjet backing.

I'd think with a ramjet backing, it would be faster than it is!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    So I've recently been in contact with a place in Ohio that will develop ECN-2 rolls. They also offer positives on Vision 2383, paper prints, and scans. Prices sound reasonable ($5/roll for dev). They do not appear to have a website, nor have I ever heard of the place before. My brother is in film school in Ohio and has never mentioned a motion film lab in state. So I'm not exactly sure what the status of the place is. Sounds like it's worth a try.

I found the address on this flickr group.
    I've emailed them...

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin