Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,245   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tungsten Slide Films

Hi Guys-

I am well aware that Ektachrome 64T has been discontinued but whether or not Fuji's T64 has been or not seems to be up in the air as it seemed to be unavailable then available again. Anyone have an ideas on the true availability of T64?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As of right now, B&H is only listing 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glazer's in Seattle has lots of 35mm Fuji T64 in its "discontinued film" bins in its film refrigerators
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I understand it is definitely no longer available in the UK (I've tried all the usual main mail order sources),
    but I don't know conclusively if this is a result of no more being made, or importing decisions by Fuji UK.
    There was similar confusion earlier this year with Astia...."Discontinued" in the UK, but it later transpired that is it still available from Europe and in other parts of the world. I rather fear that this might not be the case with T64, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My guess is that like EPP and EPR, they will be available for awhile yet. EPR was cancelled here long before it was finally cancelled in Japan (I continued to buy it from thee for awhile). EPP was cancelled over a year ago, and it's still readily available, at a higher price. I like Tungsten balanced film because of its "movie still" look, but 64 is honestly a bit too slow for me. I have about 20 rolls left of T64 and EPY combined and not sure if I'm getting more.

Shooter
    35mm

ECN-II

A bit off-topic, but related:

Did you ever find a lab to process ECN-II? Plenty of tungsten film of that type still.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a lab here. It's just a matter of me actually ordering some short pieces of the film and rolling it up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    There is a lab here. It's just a matter of me actually ordering some short pieces of the film and rolling it up.
    Will they process short still camera rolls for other people, too?

If you buy a short end of, say, 500T to cut down and it's too much for you, I may be interested in 20-50 or so feet of it...if I can get it processed that is.

I shot some of that K-25 recently I bought from you; looks pretty good.

Shooter
    35mm
    FYI, B&H now lists Kodak 5218 (Vision2 500T) as being available in 35mm (200') for $155, special order. I'm not sure if it's the right perforation...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...500T_5218.html

Personally I'm interested in the faster films like 500T because with an f/2 or faster lens you can actually handhold with them indoors.

Problem now though is that with a lot of newer indoor lights being fluorescent, tungsten balance might not be right anymore.

But if that lab will do it right, and it's not too expensive to develop, I'm in...

Just that 200' is way too much for one guy (speaking for myself here).

Reply here and/or or PM me with the info...
    Last edited by B&Wpositive; 09-13-2010 at 09:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    FYI, B&H now lists Kodak 5218 (Vision2 500T) as being available in 35mm for around $150, special order. I'm not sure how long that roll is or if it's the right perforation...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...500T_5218.html
    They hide it well, but in the "What's in the Box" area it indicates that there is 200 feet of film "in the box"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin