Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,081   Online: 928

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This seems, well... targeted at the AARP set, a little ageist, no? And yeah... those drugstore one hour labs are slowly disappearing!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if they doubled it up with a shoedini
    i think it would probably sell better ...

Shooter
    35mm
    "you get real pictures... just like you remember!"

LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    Film business here in Florida does great because of all the dinosaurs who live here and shot it their whole lives, on the flipside some of them go digital and think their Nikon F4 is worthless now and pawn it off for peanuts, for me to snatch up a week later
    Shame on you, exploiting the old folks like that.

(Can you score me an F4 though? )

I saw this video and thought it an oddly clever piece of marketing, to play on their target demographic's fear of technology to sell film cameras when digital's been sold as the solution to the complication of dealing with film. I've seen other examples of this, like the company (an "old country store" concept) that sells manual typewriters on the basis of "avoiding the hassles of newfangled computers". Of course, you have to order it from their website.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    This seems, well... targeted at the AARP set, a little ageist, no? And yeah... those drugstore one hour labs are slowly disappearing!!
    Maybe those old farts know something the young'uns don't!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The camera that is loaded in the Vivitar ad is definetely not the Vivitar branded one. Well, those people from Blue Moon had seemingly to save on production time...
    I have to correct myself!
    Many compact cameras have viewfinders with entrance and exit lenses sideway shifted. Thus one cannot deduce from the position of the entrance lens of the viewfinder on the position of the exit lens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin