Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,309   Online: 1081

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hewes reels for 120-film in UK

Does anybody have recommendations for stores in the UK that sell Hewes reels for 120-film and that will ship to other european countries?
    Buying from the UK takes less time than having stuff shipped from the U.S.
    I would normally buy from Ffordes, but they don't sell darkroom accessories . . . too bad really.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've bought mine at RK Photographic. Very pleased with the service they offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 3 for sale second hand if you can wait about 5 weeks until I return to the UK.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Nova have them. Don't know if the price is good or not:

http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/...l_Spirals.html
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ian ---> Yes, I'm interested. You would have to ship them to Norway though,-and do you accept payment by PayPal?

To all the rest ---> Thanks for the info.
    My current reel is a Kalt, and it's been a grief since day one. Three rolls of Velvia ruined so far, but I did find out what was wrong by placing the reel on a glass plate.
    One of the sides was mis-aligned, and contrary to advice I straightened it, and developed roll number four. It's rinsing as we speak, but at least the three or four first frames are flawless, so in a few minutes I'll find out if the rest is OK too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emtor View Post
    Ian ---> Yes, I'm interested. You would have to ship them to Norway though,-and do you accept payment by PayPal?

To all the rest ---> Thanks for the info.
    My current reel is a Kalt, and it's been a grief since day one. Three rolls of Velvia ruined so far, but I did find out what was wrong by placing the reel on a glass plate.
    One of the sides was mis-aligned, and contrary to advice I straightened it, and developed roll number four. It's rinsing as we speak, but at least the three or four first frames are flawless, so in a few minutes I'll find out if the rest is OK too.
    Paypal & shipping to Norway wouldn't be a problem, you'd get 3 reels for less than the price of one new one

There's also a couple of 35mm reels and a tank (1x 35mm) plus a spare lid, I was asking £20 for the lot, but would split them.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll have the lot . . . you never know, even if I do have a thing going for medium format, perhaps one day I'll be needing a 35 mm reel or two as well. 20 pounds is a fair price. I would need your PayPal email-adress, and you may send it here: erik.torp.olsen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will email you details as soon as I return to the UK next month, the postage shouldn't be to much.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you need more reels than Ian G has for sale, you can just phone or email Hewes direct.
    They were happy to post reels to Australia at a very reasonable cost.
    http://www.hewes.co.uk/

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin