Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,570   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Medium Format

Source for 35mm RPS Plastine neg preservers?

I am looking for some RPS Plastine 35mm negative preservers - the ones that hold 6 negative strips and were imported from Japan by Dot Line Corp. a few years ago. These are sleeves that are sealed on two sides and one end, with a thumb cut out on the other (open) end. Does anyone have a source for these? I could sure use 6 or 7 packs of (100) sleeves.

Thanks for the help!

A.T.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does anyone here know where to find these 35mm individual Plastine sleeves that hold 6 negatives each? I do not want the album page type - I have an entire filing cabinet devoted to storage using this type of sleeve. Thanks!!

A.T.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Interestingly they seem to no longer make them in 35mm! (Even though the picture on their website for the 120 ones that they do sell is clearly a 35mm one...)

http://dotlinecorp.net/index.php?cPa...ain_page=index

You might contact them and see if they still have some languishing in stock, or know of a distributor who does.

May I suggest glassines instead? B&H, amongst others, still sells the 35mm x 6-frame type you seek, though you have to buy a full box of 1000.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does dotline even make products or are they just middlemen?

I once browsed b&h site when I was trying to find printfile pages and they had a staggering selection including glassine/plasticine type.

Might have changed by now but this was maybe 18 months ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, guys! I called Dot Line last year and they said that they no longer import the 35mm size from Japan. I offered to buy a mess of them if they would bring them in when they imported some other stuff from the manufacturer, but it was apparently not lucrative enough for them. My filing system is set up to use these preservers.

A.T.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aren't glassines the exact same size though? Should be a pretty direct substitute.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought 2 packs of 100 on eBay, so they can be found, but sounds like you need a lot.

I recently bought 1000' of polyester sleeving in a continuous roll for less than $40. They can be cut to length to faciliate your filing method but make sure you get the kind with the flap that opens on one side.

According to recent archiving wisdom, these are the preferred archiving method. The adhesive used in glassine/plastine (same thing I think?) can be detrimental over time. If you use these, make sure the adhesive edge is in contact with the base side and not the emulsion side.

The polyester are nice because they are completely clear, or you can get some with 1 frosted side I believe. They have no adhesive and are by all accounts completely stable for hundreds of years.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try fold flap polyester sleeves that hold six negs. PrintFile and Hollinger have them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin