Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,317   Posts: 1,536,751   Online: 1042

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1079575

Well, it looks to me that all their B&W film at risk.

黒白フィルムにつきましては製造可能な最小
    ロットを下回る状況が続いており、もはや作れない状況となってきて
    いること

The fuller sentence:
    ネオパン1600を含めた黒白フィルムにつきましては製造可能な最小
    ロットを下回る状況が続いており、もはや作れない状況となってきて
    いること

I would translate as:

Concerning Black and White film, which includes Neopan 1600, we are facing the situation where [sales]continue to remain below the smallest lots that can be produced and we are approaching the stuation where they will not be able to be made

Perhaps my translaton is in error?
    Last edited by Ray Rogers; 10-21-2010 at 07:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I interpreted it as explaining why, "the small lots of Neopan 1600 among B&W films could not continue to be produced," but you could be right, it could be read to say that Neopan among other B&W films cannot continue to be made in such small batches. If it isn't a form letter, I did ask about film production in general in my correspondence and perhaps this was part of that answer.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No your translation is correct. No mistakes about it.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know that 800 and 1600 consumer color neg is still being manufactured. I was afraid we had lost both of those emulsions entirely. Too bad getting it here in the States proves difficult.

No sheet film at all in Europe?

When does the U.S.A. get 160NS?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Good to know that 800 and 1600 consumer color neg is still being manufactured. I was afraid we had lost both of those emulsions entirely. Too bad getting it here in the States proves difficult.

No sheet film at all in Europe?

When does the U.S.A. get 160NS?
    Fuji sheet film is available in the UK:

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/fuj...eets-965-p.asp

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Fuji sheet film is available in the UK:

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/fuj...eets-965-p.asp

Tom
    I am just wondering why it is not included on the display shown by Robert. Was it an aesthetic choice, is the film gone, or did they just forget about it or think no one would be interested anyhow?

A film's availability in retail shops does not tell the entire story of what is or is not being manufactured.

Well, I may be in England for a few months early next year. Maybe I can take the opportunity to stock up on Superia 800 and 1600, since at least one of these emulsions, and probably both, will not be long for this world.

When Provia 400X goes, I will be extremely sad as well. I cannot imagine it staying around for that much longer.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I've just noticed that the picture also has no B&W C41 film.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Also, to the people recommending pushing tri-x: while a nice look it it's own right you definitely won't have the shadow detail of 1600PR.

And 6400iso only works with strong highlights. It's not really even close to 6400 speed - it's curve shifting.
    I disagree, my 6400 night shots come out well that arent highlights, on the same roll my 51200 shot (a curiousity at the time) came out, thin and grainy and only 3 stops of scene-range, but it was all non-highlight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post

A film's availability in retail shops does not tell the entire story of what is or is not being manufactured.
    Nor is local distribution, eg by Fuji UK (eg: Ceasing importing Astia in 35mm) and others.

Market is online, many people import non-'local' versions due to apparent price-gouging.
    Last edited by Athiril; 10-24-2010 at 11:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is also still possible to buy Neopan 100 (Acros) as 5x4 sheet film, from MACO in Germany:

http://www.macodirect.de/fuji-acros-...ets-p-382.html
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin