Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,223   Online: 892

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji film ......

This is what left (for Europe) of the Fuji film program:

(Photokina 2010 Köln)

E-6 is very heavy under pressure but also their B&W program.

Shooter
    35mm
    No 35mm Reala for any of Europe now? Nor Astia. Hmm, very sad. But perhaps a little more alarming, no Neopan 1600? I noticed recently, that Neo1600 didn't feature on Fuji UK's website, but decided not to make a thread about it as these things get whipped up.
    Steve.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What surprises me is that Fuji still makes so many consumer c-41 films, especially since the once-ubiquitous Superia line is borderline scarce around Toronto and pro Fuji products are both pricey and even harder hard to find. Now that cheap c-41 processing has nearly vanished, why bother? In my area, pro labs have mostly dropped C-41/b&w/E6 processing--a few persist but with high prices and slow service. I'm guessing there will be only a few Fuji pro c-41 and E6 emulsions on the chart next year. Kodak seems to be following suit. We'll still have film but don't expect today's selection.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    But perhaps a little more alarming, no Neopan 1600?
    Still listed in Japan.
    (and Germany...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, according to this, Superia 800 and Superia 1600 are not discontinued, as reported? This is good news if it's true.

Shooter
    35mm
    There was a report that they were discontinued?
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    There's a neverending steam of Fuji discontinuing/not discontinuing film x. I decided to shoot simply what's available in shops and care only when some film REALLY runs out.

Anyways, I was going to order 10-20 rolls of Neopan 1600 next week.. and I probably will, altough not having more of it available would be a sad day :I

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will get a list from Fuji BeNeLux next week which films are phased out and when. But Neopan 1600 will disappear.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    But Neopan 1600 will disappear.
    Ugh. By the end of this year, I don't think any of the materials I was using in January will still be for sale. Time to get experimenting with Delta 3200, then.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time to get experimenting with Delta 3200, then
    Well I think Ilford will have the same problem as with Neopan 1600. If I look in our ordering over some years Neopan 1600 is even less sold as Efke 25, Rollei Pan 25, Ortho 25.

It's clear for everybody Delta 3200 and Pan F+ will be not their best selling products too.

But for a relative big manufacturer as Fuji is less demand stopping to produce Neopan 1600, environmental problems for Neopan 400 120 roll film. No consumer market left for the Sensia (E6) and special films like Tungsten T64. No market enough for a 160S and 160C so it will be 160NS.

You can wait for the other big manufacturers when they reach their limit. On the other hand maybe a small market for more specialized companies like Rollei-Maco and Adox/Impex. However I doubt if Gevaert, Efke, Foma or Filmotec are able to make real high speed films (iso 1600 or more).
    In the past (before 2001) Foma had their T800 film but it was discontinued due to a lack of demand. Speaking of Foma, they have investigated the market for B&W positive (like Scala) 120 roll film.

So several possibilities are open.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin