Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,874   Online: 823

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to tell you: discontinued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Sorry to tell you: discontinued.
    I had thought it had only been withdrawn from the UK market.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fujifilm Japan's website shows that 135 Neopan 1600 in 24 exposure rolls is discontinued. I have no idea about the rest of the world.

> The notice in Japanese is here <
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the BeNeLux website it's already gone. The fact Germany and Holland have the same stock you can count down for Europe.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    After shooting LP for a few months and enjoying the savings (especially since the B&H price shot up to 4 something a roll/36 exp) I too was bummed to see that the party has ended.
    But I was reminded of something very similar about 8-10 years ago. I was doing bulk loading of Neopan 400, and the then B&H price was 34.99/100ft, and Freestyle had short dated special on Fuji labeled bulk rolls for 18.99, basically half price and with the added length of the FUji rolls you could get a full 20 rolls out of one, so that worked out at Less than 1.00 a roll. Sweet! I got a case (20 rolls of 100 ft) right off the bat, then another case, and maybe another 10 before the special ended. Used that film for quite a while, great stuff. Nothing like cheap good film.

Considering that B&H has lowered the price on Neo 400 (2.69) I think that Fuji has totally cleared out the old film and has a new master roll in the film pipeline. I get 75 B&H rolls here any day so I'll be able to check the emulsion numbers, that LP stuff had quite low emulsion numbers, on par with the Fuji numbers from about 2006-7 according to my own references.

My theory is that Fuji unloaded the bulk film the previous time as a Fuji product, but by either FS or Fuji's plan this time around either had Fuji package the old last rolls as a FS product or merely sold the unlabeled bulk rolls to FS and they respooled it (most likely in my mind). Its a great plan, Fuji unloads old product at a decent price to a willing and eager consumer, then when the deal ends, goes on to pay the regular price. I'm am very glad that Fuji's current pricing is closer to what it was before, its not 1.89 like it used to be but its not TMZ prices.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 36 exposure rolls were positivly packed by Fuji. The edge markings were consistan with Fuji product and were slightly different on the Bulk Product vs the cassettes. But the "old stock" seems to jive. I bought it a couple of times and got EM 271 and some Em 272 I have twqo bulk rolls in the freezer and the one I used so far came on a "fuji Film" 35mm Eyemo spool. (and seemed to have extra film as though they were using the equipment that would spool Movie film with a leader and a trailer.)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sucks, but I'll still be buying 400PR in normally packaged format from Freestyle. Both 400 and 1600 Neopans are stellar films and I surely don't mind paying the ~4/roll for them. Very high quality emulsions with beautiful contrast and blacks. If you haven't used Neopan you're missing out.

However, Tri-X is still there as Arista Premium 400 and one of the best deals of the decade.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Just developed my last 2 rolls of LP400. I guess I'll be switching back to Arista Premium (poor me) but I will miss the Neopan look. At regular Neopan prices I will probably start bulk loading TMY before buying Neopan 400 at full retail.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got 10 rolls at my shop--feel free to pm me if you want to buy some more. I don't have a real website up yet, but you can check this out for more contact info:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Fr...19199231470385
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was very fond of Legacy Pro films (re-branded B&W Neopan). Best film ever in every sense.

I only have one 100' of 400 left. So I managed to get a photo retail clerk to inquire about expired Neopan bulk films. We never know.

If this request doesn't work, I will go for Fomapan which is a nicer film than Tri-X or Arista Premium.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin