Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,952   Online: 1219

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Is Legacy Pro 400 coming back?

I was disappointed when I made my monthly Freestyle Photo purchase this time, because I had intended to buy some LegacyPro 400, however, I couldn't find any of it on their website, and it wasn't listed as out of stock either, it just wasn't there. Is LegacyPro 400 gone forever?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    yes

Shooter
    35mm
    This was posted on flickr about a week ago:

I saw that Legacy Pro 400 was in low stock on the FS website. I made a query about how much they had and received this back:

"Hi Max

We have approximately 50 rolls left and we will not be getting any more
    after they are sold.

Marv Keller
    Manager,
    Customer Service & Consumer Direct Sales
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    It is said to be Neopan 400 under another name and yet Fuji haven't bothered to sell Neopan 400 in bulk rolls. So how did Neopan 400 get to be Legacy 400 and sold as bulk rolls and individual cassettes?

Digitaltruth is showing the 400 bulk roll as out of stock on its U.K. site but no such showing for Legacy 100 bulk roll nor any indication that the 100 and 400 cassettes are limited stock.

Neopan 400 seems to be part of the Fuji continuing range so if Legacy 400 is continuing in cassette form as rebadged Neopan 400, what has stopped sales of the bulk roll?

pentaxuser

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    See this thread on RFF for more information including answers from Freestyle.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    See this thread on RFF for more information including answers from Freestyle.
    Thanks. However this is still essentially a lot of user comments and speculation as you will get on any site. It seems but according to a "site user" only and not the manufacturer that LP only ever existed because it was a way of Fuji selling its "close to end date" stock.

Logically on that basis we can expect to see the end of LP totally. Fuji will continue to sell Acros and Neopan 400 but as own brand only and presumably in cassette only.

Doesn't explain why Fuji doesn't sell both films as own brand bulk rolls. However it does explain why it would seem crazy to sell its own film in competition with a cheaper version of its very same own film.

The economics of business says that competing against yourself is madness.

So bad news. Pay full Fuji price for Acros and Neopan and forget about bulk rolls or switch to a manufacturer who still sells bulk rolls.

I do recall Simon Galley at an Ilford tour saying with conviction that Ilford were determined to be last man standing in B&W and having a confident demeanour while saying it.

Maybe he knew more about the future than the rest of us.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Fuji used to sell the neopans in bulk and stopped doing so only a few years ago. Admittedly, this is only speculation, but perhaps if LP was short-dated film that Fuji wanted rid of, perhaps they also had some left over stock of bulk cores and such.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just an update of Fuji films from the Photokina Cologne/Köln.
    This is what is available:

In B&W discontinued:
    Neopan 1600
    Neopan 400 in 120 roll film.

All Sensia line (E6) discontined, Velvia 50/100 (F), Provia 100F and 400X left.

160S and 160C out, replaced by 160NS
    800Z out, Reala only in 120.

Well you can see it on the billboard.

L.P. 400 films were short dated Neopan 400 films, dumped for a small price on the USA market.

Fuji Film has re-organized their film line now. This information is valid for Europe, also in the mean time confirmed by Fuji BeNeLux.

Interesting detail:
    Foma is working on a small coating test for their T200 film. Hopefully they can resume production soon.
    They are able to introduce the R100 B&W slide film on 120 roll film too (Scala type). It will only depends on the worldwide demand.
    A possible re-introduction of their T800 maybe now as T1600 film too. This film was discontinued in 2001 due to a very small demand.
    A new AZO contact fiber paper: Fomalux 111.

Let's see how things are developing worldwide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Madness it may be, but they do it all the time. Basically they are selling the same stuff at two price points, knowing that some people will never buy the bargain brand and that others will never buy anything but. Hard to say why Fuji doesn't sell Neopan 400 in bulk under the Fuji name. Is that true worldwide? I guess they don't feel there is a market for it at the higher price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,

Maco Direct is still showing Fuji Astia 100F. Any word on this film?

Tom

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin