Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,146   Online: 1062

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Jobo investment gets silvered.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    My Jobo investment gets silvered.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Have you tried Gold toning?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope. Not throwing good money after bad ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been processing about 6 - 8 rolls a month of various color neg, slide, and b&w films in my CPE-2 Plus for almost a year now (I'm purely a diy at home hobbyist), and was quite saddened to see that B&H no longer have the 2523 tanks available. In fact, I haven't been able to find one at all - craigslist, ebay, retail, etc... this particular tank seems to have fallen off the face of the earth overnight.

Fortunately I have three of these tanks, but was hoping to pick up one or two more as spares or in case I ever need the additional capacity in the future. Is there any hope that Jobo will re-emerge from whatever troubles they are going through with some form of film processing accessory line?

When you take a step back and look at the "big picture" of analog photography, you start to realize that it's not any one thing that is leading to its demise... it's all of the factors combined (discontinuing film sales, no new cameras (well almost), fewer processing choices, etc). I just wish that there were some way to level this trend off, but it seems to be continuing unabated.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, I've been using a jobo now for about 10 years (first a CPP2 then an ATL2+, and now an ATL2000), and couldn't imagine working without it. Yes parts and accessories are getting harder to find and expensive when they exist, but I've had good luck with this so far. I kept my ATL2+ when I upgraded to the ATL2000, just in case I need spare parts I'm always surprised at the number of trums and tanks that become available on the local classified section of newspapers, craiglist, etc....

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo have reduced their 2500 range to the tanks 2510 and 2520 and the spirals 2502 and 2509n.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check FreeStyle for new tanks and Dave Smith in Los Angeles [joboman@aol.com] for new and used tanks.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin