Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,615   Online: 689

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dealers carrying new Portra 400

Hi Guys-

I was wondering if any of you have found a place that is selling the new Portra 400 yet. According to a Kodak representative, it is currently being shipped out. Scott DiSabato had said in an interview that the film will be shipped when the stock of a particular format of the old film are sold out...

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll do my bit, in helping to deplete the stock of the 'old' version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am just excited to try the new product, I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    went to my local pro-shop here in LA this afternoon, and asked about the new film. They said they're not expecting to see it before the spring most likely, mostly b/c Kodak still has massive stores of 400NC/VC to sell off before letting the new product out on the market.

however, Kodak said it will start SHIPPING in November, according to Photokina.

I just want this damn new stuff in 8x10.... but supposedly 4x5 will be the largest they'll cut it .

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    "I just want this damn new stuff in 8x10.... but supposedly 4x5 will be the largest they'll cut it ."

Apparently they will be selling it in ultra large/odd format sizes through canham camera once there is sufficient pent up demand

http://www.canhamcameras.com/kodakfilm.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I don't shoot 8x10 I think you guys should be able to get 8x10. The previous film was available in 8x10 so make this available in 8x10 too. It sounds like 8x10 is rather slow at Kodak so they want to make it a special order only...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I like to stay with one film across formats, so I use Ektar 100 since I can get 8x10 to 35mm. I would love to switch to Portra 400 for the added speed, but can't due to lack of 8x10.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I like to stay with one film across formats, so I use Ektar 100 since I can get 8x10 to 35mm. I would love to switch to Portra 400 for the added speed, but can't due to lack of 8x10.
    "Can't"?
    What should be stronger, your desire to have the use of a great film that is a bit faster, even though you would then need another film for 10x8? Or the desire to have only one film across all formats?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I can't switch and keep all formats with one film selection. Of course I can mix and match, but I like consistency when I work.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I can't switch and keep all formats with one film selection.
    Then you also can't use a great film that is a bit faster (which you say you would love).
    Two "can't"s. The devil and the deep blue sea. Or cake and eating. Or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin