Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    The film (T200) is special due to the cubical and hexagonal halogenide crystals. But talking in selling amounts, Fomapan 100 is their best selling film if I can extend the statistics from my Fotohuis.

...... and very nice in architecture classical vintage photos.

Prague in Winter. Fomapan T200 E.I. 160 in R09. M7+Elmarit 2,8/28mm + Y filter.
    Very nice, I have an Tiffen 85B in 77mm I've been wanting to use

Think I'll see if I can get any of this T200 in 120.

edit: All Fomanpan 200 is T200 yes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I mean any extended red film I've found carries a high price
    Rollei Retro 80S, Superpan 200, 400S and the ATP1.1 Tech Pan film are all extended red. In Europe they are all cheaper then e.g. Fuji.

Fomapan Creative 200 is the official name. In the past it was T200 but due to Kodak international pressure on their Tmax (TM) Foma changed the name years ago.

What about bottle post to Australia?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rollei Retro 80S, Superpan 200, 400S and the ATP1.1 Tech Pan film are all extended red. In Europe they are all cheaper then e.g. Fuji.

Fomapan Creative 200 is the official name. In the past it was T200 but due to Kodak international pressure on their Tmax (TM) Foma changed the name years ago.

What about bottle post to Australia?
    Ah Michaels has outdated Rollei Retro 100, 400, Pan 25, and Ortho 25, and IR for $6-$10 a roll, which is incredibly cheap for any film here, but its expired, but only had it in 35mm, some IR left in 120 though.

So no extended red (except for the IR), 'local' film prices are heavily gouged it seems here.

What's bottle post?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's bottle post?
    How many T200 films would fit in one bottle? Our warm gulf stream (Atlantic Ocean/North Sea) would maybe end in Australia

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How many T200 films would fit in one bottle? Our warm gulf stream (Atlantic Ocean/North Sea) would maybe end in Australia

Ah I cant find any place that lists it for sale anyway, and its not on ebay yet.. so will have to wait a while.

It sounds like something I would be interested in trying.

What does the mixed grain actually do for the film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What does the mixed grain actually do for the film?
    It gives the T200 (Foma) film a special look.

When you have tried Tmax 400 (TMY-2) and Tri-X 400 you will see all these films have their own characteristics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have both TMY-2 and TX400, FP4+, GP3, Pan F+ in b&w and some others.

I was wondering if there was something to it, like plenty of contrast in the blacks, but easily distinguishable shadow detail, and softer/smoother highlights and midtones from the cubic grain highlight retention (less sensitive) where the flat grain loses detail there (but still contributes to density thus softer contrast?)? etc?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It all depends how you will make your exposure and which choice of developer you will make.
    TMY-2 looks very smoothly and grainless when using Tmax or Xtol (box speed). Tri-X (E.I. 250) in Rodinal has tight but regular grain.
    T200 in Xtol is also very smoothly, almost without grain and a large grey scale. In Rodinal/R09 you will see the grain, even clearly but the film is very sharp. To improve contrast use a yellow filter. It works nice on the T200 film.

BTW our bottle post to Australia is free of charge .......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this the same emulsion as the Fomapan 200 that was 'discontinued' earlier this year?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this the same emulsion as the Fomapan 200 that was 'discontinued' earlier this year?
    Foma was not able to produce this film up from November (2009) last year. A missing ingredient was the cause.
    They found a solution for their problem. The film should be very close to the original again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin