Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,639   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the price is decent
    German introduction (up from today) price RPX 100/400 Twin (2 ) package 135-36 Eur. 3,57 incl.19% VAT.

I hope it becomes available at Freestyle.
    That's up to Rollei-Maco and Freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    German introduction (up from today) price RPX 100/400 Twin (2 ) package 135-36 Eur. 3,57 incl.19% VAT.

That's up to Rollei-Maco and Freestyle.
    Robert,

I'm still confused. The Adox Pan professional films to be introduced soon are supposed to be based on the Agfa APX technology. What relation do these 'RPX' films have to the APX technology?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What relation do these 'RPX' films have to the APX technology?
    Panchromatic (380-660nm) , also on Acetate base.
    Which does not mean that Rollei-Maco claim that they (let) made a copy of the former APX films.

Concerning the German intro price (valid for one week) I can only estimate they made and packed a lot of this RPX film.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As you wrote in photo.net it is not at all a horse from an Agfa stable:

"The emulsion and product is the end-result of a cooperation between Ilford/Harman, Efke and the Rollei-Maco company"

Source: Robert Vonk , Nov 08, 2010; 10:10 a.m.

So, it is either a british emulsion plus croatian packaging or vice versa. Right?

I think that is good news - Harman and Efke are serious suppliers, and if someone manages to offer Ilford/Kentmere or Efke emulsions combined with packaging services in different sizes and for such an attractive price then it is a good thing.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    I think that is good news - Harman and Efke are serious suppliers, and if someone manages to offer Ilford/Kentmere or Efke emulsions combined with packaging services in different sizes and for such an attractive price then it is a good thing.
    I agree.
    It looks like it are Kentmere 100 and Kentmere 400 Emulsions with Maco packing.

The development times are almost identical to the Kentmeres (and much closer as Foma 100 / 400 or other alternatives are).
    Now we have Kentmere films as 120 as well.
    And the prices are extremely low.

And Adox has announced the new Pan 400 for the beginning of next year, if I remember right.
    And the new reflecta scanner.

All good news, indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks great, at least film is not going to die anytime soon.

Jeff

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was never a fan of AGFA film, but I am happy for those that were and now have a replacement. New film is always good news.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't find the RPX100 and 400 films on the Maco website.

Where can it be ordered online?

rhmimac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up Hoffy!
    APX was my favourite B&W film and I was devastated when they pulled the pin on Agfa. Luckily I was able to grab a load of 35mm in bulk rolls, but alas, no 120.

Looking forward to being able to get my hands on some 120 soon - let me know when it is available in AU and I'll get a friend to pick some up for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin