Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,950   Posts: 1,557,888   Online: 941

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

kodak product question 70mm color neg

I'm interested in finding out if any form of 70mm color neg film is still available from kodak ( or anyone else). In the past you can bypass dealers which are rarely kept up to date, and call kodak to ask. I can't find any phone for this on their website. Anyone know who to call to get a accurate answer directly from them?
    I've been getting 400 nc and 160 nc without sprocket holes, but sprocket holes don't matter either way. Thanks, Jamie Young

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think Kodak makes conventional color negative film anymore in 70mm, though they still may make 70mm aerial film. Try this URL:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe at this point it must be special order but I recently saw the 160 as 70mm option. Talk to a Kodak dealer of you could call Kodak directly at 1-800-242-2424 option 19. Their number is hard to find..
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Motion Picture film is made in 70mm AFAIK.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. I'm not adverse to motion picture film or aerial film if I can get images not unlike regular film with it. I've heard Motion picture film is different but don't know much beyond that. I will try calling to see. I've found that the best option in the past, but haven't done it in a while. One would think listed available products, product status, and possible product substitutes would increase sales but kodak has never been very good at that. I'm using it in a 70 mm roundshot panoramic camera, and hope to continue for a little while at least. We'll see.
    Thanks, Jamie

Shooter
    35mm

Motion Picture in 70mm

70mm Motion picture film is made with 65mm style perforations. This is for historical reasons. To get better sound, most of the 70mm formats used magnetioc sound stripes which were placed outside the perfs. The Camera negative was (and IS ) 65mm.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa offers in 70mm DP in colour at least:

-) Colour Negative ISO 800

maybe

-) Colour Reversal ISO 200

-) Colour Negative maskless ISO 100

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin