Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,309   Online: 859

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone selling Kodak Endura cut to sheets?

Hi Guys-
    I was wondering if there is anyone out there cutting down rolls of Endura into sheets and selling it..

Thanks,

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I don't know if shipping from Europe and possible X-ray can be an issue, but I am able to get two or more rolls of 30"x98ft Supra Endura. These are stocked in a warehouse of a local chem/paper distributor. Not sure if it's N or F surface, but more likely N. Also not sure of the date, but shouldn't be very outdated, as I know for fact these were being sold to a reputable and busy pro lab for their Durst LED printer. They switched to Supra VC. I have a 50" rotary trimmer and could cut it in my darkroom. PM...

d_rookie
    Last edited by darkroom_rookie; 11-23-2010 at 11:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If anyone is going to do this it will be http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ Ask them about it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes, Maco partners (I am one) are selling these papers in sheets .

Send me an email.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who makes the Ultrafine brand of paper?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no need to pay a premium for someone to cut it down and ship it from Europe, Ektagraphic. All you need is a paper cutter marked with a tape strip a few layers high (used as a stop for the roll paper) and an empty box for storage (plus a pitch black room, of course). That is what I will be doing when I print my next batch of color. I am almost out of Kodak cut paper, and Fuji paper just doesn't do it for me.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uniquephoto in Joisy still has some 8x10-50sheet boxes when I checked last week.
    Only one surface left though I forget which.

I do cut down Edge but the Supra looks better to my eyes.
    Edge can be had for CHEAP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What vendor would you recommend for buying rolls in the US? I have contacted a few but if you weren't a mini-lab they didn't seem to be interested. Other places have Kodak rolls listed on their website but never seem to have any in stock. It seems to be way easier to get Fuji - which I never understand. FWIW, I decided that 10 in wide rolls would be best for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do you get your Edge from Unique? That seems to be the best bet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Who makes the Ultrafine brand of paper?
    It's hard to say. No one in particular, and whoever they can contract for a good price. I have never bought any of their current paper offerings, but they're very good at respooling ends of film.

My take on the operation is that they look for a bargain, cut it, box it, spool it, whatever it takes to make it salable to folks like us who can't deal with OMG quantities, and then put it on the market.

So far I've bought two orders of film from them, and I've been satisfied. I suspect if you buy a large quantity of paper so that it's all from one lot, and learn to use it as it is, it will be decent paper. But then again, remember I said I haven't bought any.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin