Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,220   Online: 954

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Developing E6 in Phnom Penh?

I'm in Phnom Penh for 3 months and have around 20 rolls of Velvia I need to get processed. Does anyone know a quality lab in Phnom Penh?
    I've read that there's not much here, and it's better to use labs in Bangkok, but that's not really feasible for me at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How about a quick trip over to Ho Chi Minh City? I have no idea if there is a good E-6 lab there, but if there is, it could be an easy solution.

Or how about finding a courier service that does business in Bangkok?
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a 6 hour trip to HCMC, plus visas hassles. I'm travelling this week and begin working next, so I wouldn't be able to arrange the spare time to do make such a journey anytime soon.
    I'm hesitant to ship/courier it also. I prefer dealing with such things in person.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did you find somewhere? I'll be in PP next year for a year, is why I ask. I was considering shipping film back to Sydney every couple of months and then having the lab ship it to a friend to hold till I get back, but that means not seeing anything till I get home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry for the late reply, but no.
    I must have walked into just about every lab/studio in town and most didn't know what they were looking at when I handed them a roll of E6, and any labs that knew what I was talking about stopped a few years ago. Not enough demand.
    There's also no one capable of processing 120 film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For 20 rolls, you could probably send for processing anywhere in the world, and the postage will be an insignificant part of the cost. I'd probably find a cheap pro in the USA and send it there. I'm not from the USA, but they'll always be cheaper than Australia, or the UK or whatever. Send it with tracking there and back, I doubt you'll have any issues. I've had Kodachrome processed in the USA, and I'm in the UK, no big deal really.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello.
    I read that you have problem to developing your E-6 in Phnom Penh .
    I run a professional lab in Sweden. And I can if you want to developing your films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My budget is too tight, and even tracked parcels are commonly 'lost' in Cambodia.
    I'm heading to Bangkok for a weekend at the start on June, planning on taking it all with me to get processed there. Is it realistic to get 15-20 rolls processed in 48 hours? Also, anyone know a good, cheap lab in Bangkok near Chatuchak market?

Shooter
    35mm
    Why not just keep the exposed rolls in the fridge for three months. When you get back home, you bring all the rolls to your favourite laboratory.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because I'm not going home anytime soon. I'm living and working here, not traveling.
    We were only planning to stay here for 3 months, but we've extended that for another six months, possibly more.
    I'm also dying to see these shots. Most were shot in October/November 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin