Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,772   Online: 823

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundesphotograph View Post
    Yes,but no 8x10!
    There is no Kodak 8x10 bw-sheet film available in Europe now.
    Maco, Silverprint and Ag-Photographic sell TMX and TMY2 in 8x10. Fotoimpex sells TMX in 8x10. All of them sell Tri-X in 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenmg View Post
    ...but I think Kodak is no longer a photographic company and thought that the only thing that my money was used to dismantle the film production.
    Kodak's CEO has been telling us this for years now. Unfortunately, many here simply refuse to listen to him.

Colin is correct. It really does no good to bash Kodak. But it also does no good to praise them, either. Their long-term decision to get out of the photography market is absolute and unwavering. They - or he - see their future elsewhere. At this stage perhaps the best we can do regarding Kodak is to just give them an honestly sincere "Thanks for the memories..." At least until we reconvene this topic again in a few months for the next scheduled round.

So did anyone else notice that Kodak Plus-X film has now been relegated to also-ran status on Kodak's Professional Black & White Films webpage?

It's now listed way down at the bottom under the heading "Other Black and White Films" along with T-MAX P3200, and now merits only two lonely sentences of product information description. It's also conspicuously missing from the "Traditional" black & white films section of Kodak's online store - as is P3200 from the "T-Max" section.

I wonder why that is?

Maybe it's Kodak's way of trying to sell more of it?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Foma 400 has just been released in sheet films : 4x5 AND 8x10 with Foma prices and good quality !
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm RF
    hold on a second here-- I recall reading that kodak was moving the larger than 4x5 film to special order system via canham camera (http://www.canhamcameras.com/kodakfilm.html) and others, so discontinued is a bit of a misnomer no?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I spoke both to Kodak and Canham at Photokina and my impression was that Kodak was looking for ways to keep the product in the channel but without using Kodaks worldwide distribution system (which seems very complex and costly, maybe too costly to handle products with lower volumes) . My impression was it will be made available through Canham. Itīs just a matter of organizing group purchases whereas we would certainly be a member of the group and if others join in (which I am sure they will) things might be even better in the end.

Just my 2c. I canīt speak for Kodak.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 12-08-2010 at 04:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    same story, different day ..

it is unfortunate but the harsh reality is that they can't make the film
    and make a profit if there are so few people buying it. kodak has had
    a long long history of doing this, even before those number-cameras cameras came about .. vc pan, royal pan, super xx ... there is a long list ...
    if they can't make a certain amount of profit, it makes no business sense to keep producing whatever it might be.

unfortunately business is business ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jpberger View Post
    hold on a second here-- I recall reading that kodak was moving the larger than 4x5 film to special order system via canham camera (http://www.canhamcameras.com/kodakfilm.html) and others, so discontinued is a bit of a misnomer no?
    That was the films they discontinued in various sheet film sizes (such as the now-discontinued TMY-2 in 5x7/8x10).

Films in 8x10 such as Ektar 100 and Portra 400 are available through regular channels, without the need to place a special order with a minimum of $15,000.

That said, aren't there enough 8x10 shooters around to create a special order of TMY-2, which seems to be kind of a staple?

Mirko: Is there any further information about the Adox 400 film that was referenced on this thread? Will it be "more sturdy" then the current Adox Fine Art Film, and thus less prone to scratching when processed in trays?

Sorry Mirko...will the new film be available in sheet film including 8x10?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Will it be "more sturdy" then the current Adox Films
    Yes. one of the reasons why we call the current films "Art Series" and the new films "Premium Line".

Mirko

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin