Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,964   Online: 979

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moosekaka View Post
    i have just been informed that ALL fuji superia has been discontinued! is this just a rebranding to fujicolor? hopefully!
    Might as well be since it's vanished from hooks in grocery stores, pharmacies, big box discount stores, etc. over the past year. Fujifilm Canada is doing very little business in consumer C-41 films and processing support any longer. I'm pretty much done with 35mm C-41 materials anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by moosekaka View Post
    hi all,

first time post, i have been looking high and low for the above fillm at adorama and B&H, and while the 24 exp are available, 36 are not! worse, it says discontinued! is this for real? can someone in the know shed light on this?

how can 36 exp be less available than 24 exp for fuji 400, probably their most popular consumer film?
    This is "for real." Fujifilm CH 135-24 Fujicolor Superia 400 is in fact DISC in 36-exp and remains available in 24-exp. While B&H sold quite a bit more 36-exp than 24-exp, overall Fujifilm USA found demand for 24-exp remained while demand for 36-exp has dwindled.

BTW, @moosekaka - I have not hear "that ALL fuji superia has been discontinued." Can you cite your source?TIA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    ...overall Fujifilm USA...
    Henry,

This discontinuation is USA only, right?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Announced discontinuation dates could depend on what is left in inventory at various distributors and in country specific packaging.

Shooter
    35mm

b

well i think part of the problem is that for this line of consumer film, i see Walmart selling multipacks of 24 exp rolls but none in 36 exp....since their prices for 24 exp is so cheap (less than $10 for 4 rolls a pack), i bet ppl just buy that by default. I would think if they offered 36 multipacks in Walmart demand wouldnt dwindle.

This is "for real." Fujifilm CH 135-24 Fujicolor Superia 400 is in fact DISC in 36-exp and remains available in 24-exp. While B&H sold quite a bit more 36-exp than 24-exp, overall Fujifilm USA found demand for 24-exp remained while demand for 36-exp has dwindled.

BTW, @moosekaka - I have not hear "that ALL fuji superia has been discontinued." Can you cite your source?TIA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that offering 36 multipaks would hurt sales.

People try - ever so slightly - to frame film shots so as not to waste them. They cannot be deleted like the resourcless "digital" pictures. But shooting 36 exposures can take weeks if not months by the average consumers.

My guess is that 20 exposure rolls at 15 cents cheaper would sell even more film.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 12-29-2010 at 06:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is funny in this digital age you can blow through hundreds of shots easily of nothing good but with film you want to make them count so 24 shots can take a while to finish.

As a kid I loved 126 format, 10 and 20 shot rolls though my Dad hated it as I could go through a roll pretty quick. Today I like 6x7 in 120 format, 10 shots again so I can easily finish a roll off in one session, get it in the tank the same day.

For 35mm processing my own however I much prefer 36 rolls as they fill a reel. 220 would be more efficient too, 20 shots instead to fill a reel and use the same chems as 120 though you can put a pair of 120 rolls on some plastic reels.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm

its back in stock

hmmm....after 4 months....now the fuji 400 is back in stock it seems at both adorama and b&h.....i will be sure to stock up on these!

Shooter
    35mm
    Strange how these photo companies work. I suppose Henry from B&H must have got it from Fuji USA who perhaps use the term 'discontinued' to mean 'out of stock'.

This is "for real."[...] Fujicolor Superia 400 is in fact DISC in 36-exp
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H seems to use the term "discontinued" to refer to items that they no longer carry, not to items that have been discontinued in manufacture. While the product may be gone entirely, I would not use B&H's, or ant retailer's, "discontinued" descriptions as a marker of what is being manufactured and what is not.

Unfortunately, info directly from Fuji tends to be no better.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin