Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,554   Online: 926

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I get the impression that both Fuji and Kodak have been more than a little bit incoherent to the distribution channel the past few years. I know nothing about Kodak internally, but I do know a few folks internal to Fuji North America. They used to be friendly and share information; now that's changed. Things apparently aren't desperate, but they certainly aren't good on the inside. And I don't know anyone well enough to just outright ask what's happening.

So my guess has been that the layoffs and the plant closings in the NA site are indicative of the same things going on in Kodak, and the results aren't always something that seems sensible from the outside perspective.

The things we don't know are numbers like licensing, overhead or depreciation figures that move what "should" or "could" be a profitable product into an unprofitable column, and then it gets whacked. Fuji is very closed mouthed about specifics for things like that to outsiders like me.

MB
    That's news?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, no. It isn't exactly news.

But it is a bit of justification why the distribution channel seems so screwed up sometimes. They get garbage info from the manufacturers, and so they feed is the garbage back out.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And then we beat them for telling us the same lies they have been told.

it's as bad as politics!
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin