Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,166   Online: 831

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

fuji superia 400 in 36 exp, B&H says discontinued!

hi all,

first time post, i have been looking high and low for the above fillm at adorama and B&H, and while the 24 exp are available, 36 are not! worse, it says discontinued! is this for real? can someone in the know shed light on this?

how can 36 exp be less available than 24 exp for fuji 400, probably their most popular consumer film?

FWIW, i did find freestyle has it, and also ultrafine, but i am worried because those two are the the biggest retailers for film and for them to say its discontinued is frightening!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't seen Superia in 36-rolls for some time in Canada, just 24-rolls. Not sure why. Last batch of Superia 800-24 wasn't very good either (mushy colors, lots of grain) though the 400-24 still seems alright.

Fuji is discontinuing a lot of stuff lately, especially in 35mm (Neopan 1600, Astia, Reala). I can't seem them getting rid of Superia though, probably just reducing inventory overhead by going down to just one roll length.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by moosekaka View Post
    hi all,

first time post, i have been looking high and low for the above fillm at adorama and B&H, and while the 24 exp are available, 36 are not! worse, it says discontinued! is this for real? can someone in the know shed light on this?

how can 36 exp be less available than 24 exp for fuji 400, probably their most popular consumer film?

FWIW, i did find freestyle has it, and also ultrafine, but i am worried because those two are the the biggest retailers for film and for them to say its discontinued is frightening!

FUJI no longer make superia film in the 200 speed, only 400 and above. On our website we used to have: FUJI COLOR SUPERIA 200 CA135-36; NOW, Fujifilm Fujicolor 200 Color Negative Film ISO 200, 35mm Size, 36 Exposure, CA-36

Hope this helps but please don't hesitate to email me directly if you need anything else

Shooter
    35mm
    if that were the case why go down to 24 exp instead of 36 roll?

Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I haven't seen Superia in 36-rolls for some time in Canada, just 24-rolls. Not sure why. Last batch of Superia 800-24 wasn't very good either (mushy colors, lots of grain) though the 400-24 still seems alright.

Fuji is discontinuing a lot of stuff lately, especially in 35mm (Neopan 1600, Astia, Reala). I can't seem them getting rid of Superia though, probably just reducing inventory overhead by going down to just one roll length.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know why 24, I guess you can finish the roll off quicker? Personally I prefer 36 rolls for processing them myself but for C41 which I don't do, a 24 roll can be finished quicker. Of course I love 6x7, 10 shots per roll so very fast to complete
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    24 exposures is the classic "consumer" length, so it would make more sense to sell the consumer film in shorter lengths.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    24 exposures is the classic "consumer" length, so it would make more sense to sell the consumer film in shorter lengths.
    The typical aunt Judy consumer that barely finished a roll of film in a year (holiday, christmas and her sons birthday) switched to digital long ago. The consumer of these days is the enthusiast who is a couple of rolls a month and is angry of paying the same (increased) developing costs but getting out 12 pictures less from a 24 roll than from a 36 one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    The typical aunt Judy consumer that barely finished a roll of film in a year (holiday, christmas and her sons birthday) switched to digital long ago. The consumer of these days is the enthusiast who is a couple of rolls a month and is angry of paying the same (increased) developing costs but getting out 12 pictures less from a 24 roll than from a 36 one.
    my thoughts exactly!

Shooter
    35mm
    My guess is that the 36exp ones are more popular and are sold out. Sold out often being rendered as 'discontinued' in online stores. The 24exp is all that is currently in stock.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post

i have just been informed that ALL fuji superia has been discontinued! is this just a rebranding to fujicolor? hopefully!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin