Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,693   Online: 914

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Richmond Va, Wal-Mart used to sell T-Max film, but not anymore.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Here in Richmond Va, Wal-Mart used to sell T-Max film, but not anymore.
    The B&W film has been gone at Walmarts around here for about 4-5 years. I used to stop in one on my weekly driving route and pick up a roll or two every few weeks. The pimply faced kid behind the counter was so upset when they dropped it that he went all the way up the food chain to get turned down. When they took out "his" C41 machine he quit.

I just wish I'd had enough sense to keep up with him. He was a 17 YO film nut, and I didn't realize how scarce those were at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    In Strongsville, Ohio, the CVS also carries the 24 exposure Tri-X at 5.99 per roll. The lady operating the photo counter said high school kids buy most of it.
    So, let's change that! Everybody go buy one roll a month.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah I work for cvs as a pharmacist... We sell trix here but it's still cheaper to buy from my local camera store ( that's including my employee discount)... But my photo guy is great... I convinced him to learn how to process c-41 medium
    Format film.... Now I get my c41 legend format negs done for 2 dollars and change

Shooter
    Multi Format
    24-exposure rolls seemed to mysteriously vanish from Boston-area CVS stores last summer. But they re-appeared in the Fall. Film is now stocked in a small kiosk near the cashiers at most CVS stores but at least the kiosk is very visible.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    CVS seems to be Kodak's only widely available retail outlet. There is absolutely no other place around here that you can find any Kodak film in a store. Wally-world carries a couple types of Fuji's in very limited quantity and Giant has a roll or two of Fuji sometimes.

Our local CVS in SE PA always has Tri-X at the $5.99 price and has also started carrying BW400CN again at the same price. I always buy a roll here or there to keep the counter ticking as well, and I'm not the only one because it does turn over. They also have Kodak and CVS 400 and 800 color films. Anyone know who makes the CVS house brand? I've never looked.

Curious, though, that other local CVS's have no film at all. However, those are all kind of dark and dingy. The newer stores do have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Probably a misorder at corporate and they're just trying to move it.
    I am glad that my CVS and Walgreens constantly misorder for the past few decades.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to live in Naples Park, the film selection was on par in most places with the money that runs Naples. I got some great shots of the pier and white sands with just CN400 and the local development was waaaay above par.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Our local CVS in SE PA always has Tri-X at the $5.99 price and has also started carrying BW400CN again at the same price.
    I picked up another roll yesterday, and the price has gone up by fifty cents. It's now $6.49 in the CVS I frequent the most. I have not checked in others yet.

I did also notice the BW400CN was right next to the Tri-X. I hadn't really noticed that before, but I cannot swear it wasn't there. It's never really been on my radar.

It does turn over, although slowly. The roll I bought some weeks ago was the last on the peg, and there was more last night. And it isn't only me buying it. Without keeping records of CVS sales, I would guess from mere anecdotal observation that for every ten rolls they receive I purchase no more than 3-4 of them.

As someone else indicated they had done, I asked the cashier who bought most of the Tri-X. Unfortunately many deer on the highway at night have more thoughtful looks in their eyes than this poor girl. The best response she could muster was, "Huh?" Had the cash register not calculated my change for her, there would have been no hope she could make the sale with the $10 bill I gave her. So I still don't know who buys the other 6-7 rolls of it. Probably a couple of other guys like me.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Probably a misorder at corporate and they're just trying to move it.

Here in the Bay Area Longs carried Tri-X and now that CVS has bought out Longs they are still carrying it. Maybe a misorder made over and over.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    Here in the Bay Area Longs carried Tri-X and now that CVS has bought out Longs they are still carrying it. Maybe a misorder made over and over.

Roger

Nope according to my photo guy at the store i work in, it comes up as having a target inventory level which means that when out, our system automagically orders more... So keep on buying... As long as there is a TIL for the item our system will order it... And TIL's are determined by product movement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin