Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,920   Posts: 1,584,818   Online: 1083

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be convenient if my local CVS carried a Tri-X even at inflated prices. If I have to have one NOW, I have to have one. As new semester for schools starts up next week around here, hopefully the store will stock some.

How do I explain B&W FILM to a teen age cashier though.... memory card for your dad's camera?
    Last edited by tkamiya; 01-03-2011 at 10:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll try to get the order number so you guys can give it to the store manager so they can order it

Shooter
    35mm
    My local CVS still has Tri-X for $5.99. It's the only store in the area that has it on the shelf, including the local photo lab, which refuses to carry it.

The nearest Wal-Mart is also the only one that has a minilab, but that must be a coincidence...

msa
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Noam View Post
    My local CVS still has Tri-X for $5.99. It's the only store in the area that has it on the shelf, including the local photo lab, which refuses to carry it.

The nearest Wal-Mart is also the only one that has a minilab, but that must be a coincidence...
    I think I'd have a hard time using a local photo lab that didn't at least stock Tri-X; that stuff, at least in 135, is a staple.

As for Wally... you should double check that mini lab.

A few weeks ago, they remodeled mine... gave the film counter a new alcove at the back of electronics, moved all their minilab equipment in there... set up fancy new pricing signs for their film services...

And then turned the minilab off.

They won't take anything; it's gotta be dropped off for Fuji (although most of the stuff I'm likely to give them would wind up at Dwayne's anyway.)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Anyone know who makes the CVS house brand? I've never looked.
    The boxes say "Made in Japan", so I'm going to make a good guess that it's re branded FujiColor & Superia.

Shooter
    35mm
    UPDATE: I am going on vacation so I stopped by my CVS to pick up a few rolls of Tri-X. Good news is they still have it; bad news is it's $7.29 for 24 exposures. Wow! That's more than twice Freestyle's $3.49 price! No way I'm paying $7.29 per roll, even if ordering online costs more with shipping.

Shooter
    35mm
    $6.99 for 400TX in Grand Prairie, TX. I usually get my Tri-X developed at Wal*Mart, but I have NO idea where my film winds up when sent to Fuji (Dwayne's, maybe?)
    Last edited by ricardo12458; 05-30-2011 at 05:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can confirm that the CVS stores around Blacksburg, Virginia (Virginia Tech) also carry Tri-X. They also have some of that BW400CN stuff, but last time I was there somebody helpfully decided to shove it to the back of the shelf and hide it behind the Tri-X. Every time I go in, there's a different quantity on the shelf, which means that at least one other person buys it regularly. I agree that it's probably mostly high school students, particularly now that school is out and they can't get Plus-X from the photography teacher's bulk loader.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin