Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,263   Online: 941

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Tri-X 400 at CVS Pharmacy!

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday in a CVS Pharmacy here in Naples, Florida, picking up some cold medicine for my son, when I stopped by the photo section just to take a look and saw they sell Kodak Tri-X 400-135!

Granted, it was pricey ($5.99 for 24 exposures), but that's the price of 24-hour convenience, I guess.

Until now I've seen only color films and Kodak's C-41 B&W film in CVS and other pharmacies, and wonder if this is a new development?

I did notice that the expiration dates on these Tri-X rolls were actually later (12/2013) than the expiration dates on the Tri-X rolls I just received from Adorama (12/2012), so I don't think this is a case of the rolls sitting around collecting dust.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Probably a misorder at corporate and they're just trying to move it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Probably a misorder at corporate and they're just trying to move it.
    That's the spirit! Come on, Chris... Why must we assume good news is bad? Maybe if it sells fast enough they will make the same "mistake" again.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    CVS has been selling Tri-X for a few years now. There have been a few threads posted on the subject. I don't think it's a misorder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am thinking this is for students taking photography classes at high schools and colleges. In my area (central Florida), plenty of school still teach traditional photography and instructors seem to prefer/recommend Tri-X in most cases.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    CVS has been selling Tri-X for a few years now. There have been a few threads posted on the subject. I don't think it's a misorder.
    I try to buy at least one roll of Tri-X from CVS every month just to keep the inventory counters ticking.

Yes it's expensive. Especially considering that it's 135-24 instead of 135-36. But it isn't going to break the bank to buy one occasionally. I waste more money than that on Cokes out of the vending machine at work in a month.

I've checked CVS stores from SC up the east coast to NJ, and all of them have a roll or two hanging on the peg.

So come on everybody join in! Every man, every woman, every child. Buy one roll of Tri-X at CVS.

(OK, I'll shut up now.)
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For fun, we could try asking if they carry that in 8x10 sheets.... huh?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    For fun, we could try asking if they carry that in 8x10 sheets.... huh?
    They'll only look at you like you're nuts. Who needs it?
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm actually heading back to CVS today to pick up a roll of Tri-X, as I'm down to my last roll from Adorama and I'd like to send a message to CVS corporate headquarters. So what if it'll cost me a few extra bucks?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In Strongsville, Ohio, the CVS also carries the 24 exposure Tri-X at 5.99 per roll. The lady operating the photo counter said high school kids buy most of it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin