Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,591   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

7-dayshop (UK) have stopped selling Ilford films.

7-day-shop (one of the main UK mail order companies) say on their website that they have stopped selling Ilford films, and advise customers to change to Kodak.

Time to take our business to one of the other dealers who do support analog, and who recognises that serious photographers have preferences and prefer to make their own choices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It isn't good news, there is a thread on this from a couple of months back and I believe someone from 7dayshop commented on the situation in there.

edit* Here you go http://www.apug.org/forums/forum137/...-day-shop.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I completely missed that thread....I'd only just picked up on the discontinuance while wanting to order another (quite expensive) item from 7dayshop (which also shows as "out-of-stock". And they haven't bothered to reply to my email three days ago, enquiring if they will be restocking it. )

Guess it's no great loss while we have the other, more compehensive, analog dealers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    7-day-shop (one of the main UK mail order companies) say on their website that they have stopped selling Ilford films, and advise customers to change to Kodak.

Time to take our business to one of the other dealers who do support analog, and who recognises that serious photographers have preferences and prefer to make their own choices.
    7dayshop are still supporting analogue but just not selling Ilford products. So it is still selling Fuji and Kodak films.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    7dayshop are still supporting analogue but just not selling Ilford products. So it is still selling Fuji and Kodak films.

pentaxuser
    Fair enough, but not much of a choice of films for serious photographers. And if you want sheet film, paper or chemicals, forget it. Not sure that this is really "supporting analog"?.

Shooter
    35mm
    Even though they have the advantage of being in the Channel Islands and not having to charge 20% VAT, their prices these days are often much the same as mainland suppliers. They talk about Kodak prices being more competitive than Ilford's, which is surprising, as with black & white film I've always found Kodak dearer than Ilford. Fortunately there are lots of alternative sources for film of all brands.

Shooter
    35mm
    We have to know about the big bust-up between Ilford and 7dayshop which is referred to here on this thread to understand why it now promotes Kodak film. It always stocked a very small range of analogue products anyway and was never going to compete or try to on the full range of analogue materials.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mail order companies in the Channel Islands have a very unfair advantage because they don't pay or charge VAT, it's UK suppliers who complain not customers and as a consequence many UK manufacturers now raise their prices when selling to them to level the playing field/market.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I buy 100 feet of HP5 direct from ilford for £50 delivered with a discount code

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by gsgary; 10-15-2013 at 10:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this thread was started 2½ years ago. however 7dayshop started selling Ilford again a while ago. they were rather inexpensive for a while, but other suppliers are cheaper now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin