Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,594   Online: 1155

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    I am color blind. I do not know what "green" is. When I look at a field of grass, I see the light reflected from the yellow and red chlorophyl, not the green, and so it appears to me to be orange. Color is entirely a product of our minds, our vision system. Light and color are not the same.
    True.

But so what?
    Pain too is just product of our minds. Yet you sure know what will happen if you hit your thumb with a ten pound sledgehammer. Even though pain is not being hit on your thumb with a ten pound sledgehammer, but entirely a product of our minds.

We can play this realist vs idealist game all day, and it doesn't make one iota of a difference.

There is a correlation between our perception of colour and wavelengths of light.
    Just as there is between that hammer landing on your thumb and the pain your mind produces.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    And that, Q.G., is what you're not understanding. PE's talking about how we sense color, not color as discrete sections of the EM spectrum. We do not possess sensors in our eyes for every color we perceive.
    And what you and PE are not understanding is that an emulsion doesn't care about how you might see colour when it responds to a stimulus produced by being hit by a photon from the 'yellow' region of the spectrum.

The tri-colour colour theory is all well and fine. If and when it is relevant and appropriate.
    Insisting on explaining all colour-phenomena by reverting to some tri-colour mumbo jumbo is silly and a show of real ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    It is also how film and digital "sense" color. They do not record color by selectively recording discrete wavelengths.
    Indeed.
    So if a yellow photon hits an emulsion, the emulsion will change in response to that.
    If a blue photon does the same, it does the same. Etc.
    If you want it to make a difference between the different colours, you will have to devise a way to make that emulsion or sensor "sense" only those colours you want it to.

See the two 'layers' involved?
    See also why insisting on talking about tri-colour when a B&W emulsion is concerned is nonsense?
    Last edited by Q.G.; 02-09-2011 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling. Always spelling...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    =Photo Engineer;1136053
    leaving out the Matenta regions.
    To clarify: PE, you mean Green, right?
    Last edited by lxdude; 02-09-2011 at 02:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    PE is right,
    Magenta is a color evoked by light stronger in blue and red wavelengths than in yellowish-green wavelengths. (complements of magenta have wavelength 500–530 nm, i.e. green.) In light experiments, magenta can be produced by removing the lime-green wavelengths from white light. It is an extra-spectral color, meaning it cannot be generated by a single wavelength of light, being a mixture of red and blue wavelengths.
    Yikes!
    You're absolutely right about magenta being a non-spectrum colour.
    But you will from now on be haunted by PE and his cronies, calling you the (other) man who says magenta is not a colour.

Why they do that, you may ask.
    Well... i have explained that above.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Q.G., show us some color photography of yours., to give us an idea how You apply Your knowledge on the subject.
    I was not able to locate any in Your APUG gallery...

Thanks,
    G

Not sure the following is quite accurate, it is derived from web reading:

When the original Adox company in Germany folded, Efke in Croatia (Now Fotokemika) bought all their manufacturing plant,I believe that would include the machine captioned "small coating machine ADOX Fotowerke"
    Film for the present Adox company is said to be produced by Inoviscoat which is a spin off from Agfa but IDK if they use an ex-Agfa coating machine or what size it is.
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...p/t-93368.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Q.G., show us some color photography of yours., to give us an idea how You apply Your knowledge on the subject.
    I was not able to locate any in Your APUG gallery...

Thanks,
    G
    And there we are. We have arrived at the bottom of the pit once again.

Do you think you understand colour better if you see somebody's colour photographs?

Do you think anyone would believe you understand what colour is, how it works, when you show a drawing you have coloured in with crayons?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    When will you begin to truly get a grasp of this thing called colour?

Yes, any 1st grader with some crayons will patiently explain to PE how he's wrong, because everybody knows Blue and Yellow make Green, Blue and Red make Purple, etc.

The sensation of color is not produced in just one way. PE explained the method relevant to photographic imaging.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to those who corrected my very bad error in post #233. I've fixed it.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    And there we are. We have arrived at the bottom of the pit once again.

Do you think you understand colour better if you see somebody's colour photographs?

Do you think anyone would believe you understand what colour is, how it works, when you show a drawing you have coloured in with crayons?
    I believe somebody's colour photographs says a lot.
    Absence of such tells a lot.. as well

Q.G., I believe You can be a bit more kind to fellow APUG members

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin