Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,437   Online: 1153

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    I believe somebody's colour photographs says a lot.
    Absence of such tells a lot.. as well

Q.G., I believe You can be a bit more kind to fellow APUG members
    I can indeed.
    So can quite a few other APUG members, George.

I would love to hear your explanation why someone making colour photos equates to understanding the 'underlying mechanism'.
    But let us turn this thread back to that other colour, Big Yellow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would love to hear your explanation why someone making colour photos equates to understanding the 'underlying mechanism'.
    But let us turn this thread back to that other colour, Big Yellow.
    Because showing you can apply whatever understanding you think you may have to a real-world photographic situation gives some degree of insight into the thought processes and motivations of the individual.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    And what you and PE are not understanding is that an emulsion doesn't care about how you might see colour when it responds to a stimulus produced by being hit by a photon from the 'yellow' region of the spectrum.
    But the person who designed that emulsion does.

The tri-colour colour theory is all well and fine. If and when it is relevant and appropriate.
    Insisting on explaining all colour-phenomena by reverting to some tri-colour mumbo jumbo is silly and a show of real ignorance.
    As I've said, PE was explaining it as it relates to color photography. Where has he said it explains all color phenomena?
    "Tri-colour mumbo-jumbo"? First, it's not mumbo-jumbo. It's very easy to understand. Second, look at the spec. sheet for any color film and you will see the tri-color method applied. As you know, I'm sure.

If you want it to make a difference between the different colours, you will have to devise a way to make that emulsion or sensor "sense" only those colours you want it to.
    Well, yeah. Hence tri-color filtration.

See also why insisting on talking about tri-colour when a B&W emulsion is concerned is nonsense?
    Eh?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Because showing you can apply whatever understanding you think you may have to a real-world photographic situation gives some degree of insight into the thought processes and motivations of the individual.

Tom
    So if Boticelli chooses two colour to go together, it shows that he understands tri-colour theory?
    If RafaŽl has a different palette, that shows his understanding of the physics of colour is different too?
    Can you spot the problem with such a believe? I know i can.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When will you begin to truly get a grasp of this thing called colour?
    Never. We can't even agree on a way to spell it!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So if Boticelli chooses two colour to go together, it shows that he understands tri-colour theory?
    If RafaŽl has a different palette, that shows his understanding of the physics of colour is different too?
    Can you spot the problem with such a believe? I know i can.
    Q.G, there is a color aesthetics or if You like harmony of colors that is a confirmation.
    Boticelli, RafaŽl and other folks possessed the knowing how to do it. They weren't pulling it out of empty air...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was writing in the generality, but my comment stands as a "hot air-o-meter". Even if someone fancies himself as some kind of research scientist it is still helpful to give examples, and properly worked through logic etc. However the purpose of photographic technology is somewhat limited without a practical or artistic expression.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    But the person who designed that emulsion does.
    And there's the problem.

You would think so. But... That's what this is all (the different threads this has surfaced in) about.

As I've said, PE was explaining it as it relates to color photography. Where has he said it explains all color phenomena? "Tri-colour mumbo-jumbo"? First, it's not mumbo-jumbo. It's very easy to understand. Second, look at the spec. sheet for any color film and you will see the tri-color method applied. As you know, I'm sure.
    Completely irrelevant it is here too.
    And when pushed despite of that, misleading and incorrect also.

Well, yeah. Hence tri-color filtration.
    Duh...

So you do not see what's going on.

You don't see how yellow is not a mix of whatever two colours, but the colour a photon can have. A photon an emulsion shows a response to, despite it not being a tri-colour emulsion.
    You don't see that the tri-colour trickery has to be employed to differentiate between the colours, so you can use panchromatic B&W emulsions to create something you can perceive as separate colours.
    You don't see that it is all irrelevant, because we were not talking about anything like this. Until someone brought it up to give some 'relevance' to completely irrelevant comments.

Round and round and round and round and...
    The going is remarkably tough on APUG today.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Photons can have colors?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Q.G, there is a color aesthetics or if You like harmony of colors that is a confirmation.
    Boticelli, RafaŽl and other folks possessed the knowing how to do it. They weren't pulling it out of empty air...
    Yes. They understood perfectly well how to use colour.
    So if you show me how to use colour, i don't have to study physics books to know what colour is?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin