Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,664   Posts: 1,668,938   Online: 809
      
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 301
  1. #261

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Go away a few minutes and see what happens?

    Actually, yellow in film capture consists of 2 photons with a Green energy level and a Red energy level, or one photon with an intermediate energy level between Red and Green captured in 2 layers. No photons with the Blue energy level are allowed. They are filtered out.

    The same is pretty much true with the eye and in nature.
    Then let me present you with that same question i have put to you a number of times before. The question you have avoided answering:
    How do you explain the fact that emulsions are not blind to sodium light?

    Blatant nonsense, your two photon/tri-colour theory.

  2. #262

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,290
    It does appear the new Adox film is being coated on the former Agfa coating line. Presumeably this would be a big machine.
    http://shutterbug.com/equipmentrevie..._r/index1.html

  3. #263

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    OH
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,787
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Who said that?
    You did. I was referring to:

    It's that correlation between their energy and how colour sensitive thingies treat them again.
    So it's how 'color sensitive thingies' (which I shortened to 'detectors') and photon energy interact.

    That's 'anything goes' talk.
    What's energy then, apart from whatever you want it to be?
    Um, no? Photon energy, frequency, and wavelength are all essentially the same quantity, expressed in different ways. It's not anything goes.

  4. #264
    MaximusM3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    756
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Then let me present you with that same question i have put to you a number of times before. The question you have avoided answering:
    How do you explain the fact that emulsions are not blind to sodium light?

    Blatant nonsense, your two photon/tri-colour theory.
    You and Ron should do a video debate. Should be very entertaining

  5. #265
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    24,526
    Images
    65
    If you look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium-vapor_lamp you see the spectrum of Sodium vapor at 600 nm. If you look at Kodak's web site here: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4050/e4050.pdf you will see that film typically has sensitivity at 600 nm. That is how a film can see the light of a Sodium lamp.

    PE

  6. #266

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Then let me present you with that same question i have put to you a number of times before. The question you have avoided answering:
    How do you explain the fact that emulsions are not blind to sodium light?

    Blatant nonsense, your two photon/tri-colour theory.
    I assume you are talking about B/W emulsion w/o presumed sensitivity in that region...

    "Ordinary" (meaning blue sensitive, non-spectrally sensitized) emulsions
    are also sensitive to red!

    I know one possible explanation,
    but I suspect your POV might related here as an additional explanation.

    Q. G., Is it too complicated to show us how it works?
    Last edited by Ray Rogers; 02-09-2011 at 04:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  7. #267

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If you look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium-vapor_lamp you see the spectrum of Sodium vapor at 600 nm. If you look at Kodak's web site here: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4050/e4050.pdf you will see that film typically has sensitivity at 600 nm. That is how a film can see the light of a Sodium lamp.

    PE
    But is it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    "2 photons with a Green energy level and a Red energy level,"
    or

    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    "one photon with an intermediate energy level between Red and Green captured in 2 layers"
    ?

    It's, of course, neither.

  8. #268

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    So it's how 'color sensitive thingies' (which I shortened to 'detectors') and photon energy interact.
    Why, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Um, no? Photon energy, frequency, and wavelength are all essentially the same quantity, expressed in different ways. It's not anything goes.
    Anything goes talk is that
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray
    they just have an energy/wavelength/frequency, depending on how you want to think about it.
    Energy, frequency and wavelength are indeed three different aspects of an entity.
    They're not the same "quantity" expressed in different ways.

  9. #269

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
    I assume you are talking about B/W emulsion w/o presumed sensitivity in that region...

    "Ordinary" (meaning blue sensitive, non-spectrally sensitized) emulsions
    are also sensitive to red!

    I know one possible explanation,
    but I suspect your POV might related here as an additional explanation.

    I guess its probably too complicated for you (Q. G.) to show us how it works?
    Migh, migh... Ray!

  10. #270

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    OH
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,787
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Energy, frequency and wavelength are indeed three different aspects of an entity.
    They're not the same "quantity" expressed in different ways.
    Sorry, I should have been pedantically precise in my language. The energy of a photon is related to it's frequency by the expression E = h nu, where h is Planck's constant and nu is the frequency. Frequency and wavelength are related through another expression nu = c / lambda, where c is a constant (speed of light) and lambda is the wavelength.

    A photon with a given energy has a frequency and wavelength that are dependent only on the energy. While they have different physical meanings (obviously - one is an energy, one is a length, and one is frequency), they are not independent quantities; set one and the others are fixed.

    As to the first part - so photons don't have colors. They have energies, and color is how the detector 'interprets' that energy.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin