Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,901   Online: 924

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Photons can have colors?
    Quarks can have tastes?

Yes, Tim, photons can have colour.
    It's that correlation between their energy and how colour sensitive thingies treat them again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You don't see how yellow is not a mix of whatever two colours, but the colour a photon can have.
    This is something I was deliberating over when I was setting up my tri-colour LED light source.

I was trying to work out if the light output when I use the red and green LEDs is actually yellow or if it is still red and green (separately) but our eyes perceive them as a single yellow source.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    True.

But so what?
    Pain too is just product of our minds. Yet you sure know what will happen if you hit your thumb with a ten pound sledgehammer. Even though pain is not being hit on your thumb with a ten pound sledgehammer, but entirely a product of our minds.

We can play this realist vs idealist game all day, and it doesn't make one iota of a difference.

There is a correlation between our perception of colour and wavelengths of light.
    Just as there is between that hammer landing on your thumb and the pain your mind produces.
    Hmmm...

Q.G. posting about pain.

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh, so the color of a photon depends on the detector sensing it?

Otherwise they just have an energy/wavelength/frequency, depending on how you want to think about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    This is something I was deliberating over when I was setting up my tri-colour LED light source.

I was trying to work out if the light output when I use the red and green LEDs is actually yellow or if it is still red and green (separately) but our eyes perceive them as a single yellow source.
    That's a perfect illustration. Thanks!

People are talking about emulsions as if they are our eyes.

The emulsion is exposed to red and green light. Not yellow.
    So if it is sensitive to either red or green, or both, but not to yellow, it will be fogged when you use your 'safe' light. No matter what a tri-colour theory would suggest yellow is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Moderators... please, this has become abusive.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go away a few minutes and see what happens?

Actually, yellow in film capture consists of 2 photons with a Green energy level and a Red energy level, or one photon with an intermediate energy level between Red and Green captured in 2 layers. No photons with the Blue energy level are allowed. They are filtered out.

The same is pretty much true with the eye and in nature.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, so the color of a photon depends on the detector sensing it?
    Who said that?

But yes, all sensors also sense themselves. They also determine the quality of the 'sensee' thyat is to be sensed by the sensor.
    What do you want to make of it, i wonder.

Otherwise they just have an energy/wavelength/frequency, depending on how you want to think about it.
    That's 'anything goes' talk.
    What's energy then, apart from whatever you want it to be?

Since when do photons have a wavelength or frequency?
    But ignoring that, what is wavelength, frequency, apart from whatever you want it to be?

You could go down that road, and not be done talking for many years.
    You could also assume some relation between observation and the observed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Go away a few minutes and see what happens?

Actually, yellow in film capture consists of 2 photons with a Green energy level and a Red energy level, or one photon with an intermediate energy level between Red and Green captured in 2 layers. No photons with the Blue energy level are allowed. They are filtered out.

The same is pretty much true with the eye and in nature.
    Then let me present you with that same question i have put to you a number of times before. The question you have avoided answering:
    How do you explain the fact that emulsions are not blind to sodium light?

Blatant nonsense, your two photon/tri-colour theory.

It does appear the new Adox film is being coated on the former Agfa coating line. Presumeably this would be a big machine.
    http://shutterbug.com/equipmentrevie..._r/index1.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin