Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,797   Online: 883

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tout le monde!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On a more serious note, lots of good quotes in this old ditty...

"Consumer Film is Dead. But Kodak is Alive. Jeffrey Hayzlett Explains"

"What’s the B2B B2C difference, how does an industrial giant like Kodak switch from consumer to business marketing and use tension to motivate net marketing strategies? What type of business to business research is required and what is the future of marketing to business customers? These are just some the questions we address in this episode.

Kodak, once a huge consumer brand, has transformed itself from a business-to-consumer to a business-to-business focused company. Over the last five years, Kodak’s revenue from consumer film has dropped from $15 billion to $200 million, but the company still has sales of $8 billion annually through a portfolio of new products, most of which are less than two years old and 80 percent of that revenue comes from business customers.

This is the story of reinvention. It’s about how an old guard stalwart picked itself up after the demise of Kodachrome, one of the world’s most iconic brands, and emerged from the rubble, staring obsolescence in the face. Rather than go the way of the buggy whip, Kodak shifted its focus and beat the odds. Learn how former Kodak CMO Jeffrey Hayzlett helped an analog titan become a digital powerhouse in this exclusive one-on-one audio interview."

"04:09 -- The death of the consumer film business and Kodak’s efforts to reinvent its brand through new business-to-business products and services."

http://ontherecordpodcast.com/pr/otr...-hayzlett.aspx

I can still buy new buggy whips in Conestoga but I can't buy new Kodachrome
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    If any firm in this world had to close an operation at the first quarter of operating loss, the world GNP would have fallen by more than 50% by now since the beginning of the crisis.

Kodak can wait for the recovery of the economics, as they are doing. They have secured new long-term financing recently. They are not going to rush for the fire exit. In 2012 or so, some other divisions of the firm will possibly be in profit, and Kodak as an entity can hopefully survive.

Regarding film, Kodak can sell the business now, but in dire times will not get the price it would get in better economic times. Unless forced by financial constraints (which Kodak does not seem to suffer at the moment) it is in the interest of Kodak to keep the film business alive and sell it a couple of years down the road, if they even want to get out of film business.

In any case, a quarter of operating loss, in these harsh economic times, it's not something that can take anybody by surprise. And Kodak may sell its film business in any case, and will maybe do it in any case in a few years.

I don't see any catastrophic news in this news, although I would have preferred the film business to be continuously profitable for Kodak.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Kodak’s revenue from consumer film has dropped from $15 billion to $200 million, but the company still has sales of $8 billion annually through a portfolio of new products, most of which are less than two years old and 80 percent of that revenue comes from business customers.
    That's a 98.67% drop in revenue!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    These threads are so f!~%@#ing depressing. Oh well.
    Amen. I'd also add "pointless."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know... in the year 2000, all the computers will go haywire and destroy our technology infrastructure.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    You know... in the year 2000, all the computers will go haywire and destroy our technology infrastructure.
    Our machines reverted to year '00' which was interpreted as 1970. No problems at all on January 1st, but on 29 February things went weird. This was because 2000 was a leap year but 1970 wasn't.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haha, now that I did not know!

Oh and also I should add that of course Kodak will cease film in 2012, you would too if the world was gonna end, wouldn't you?! I mean, the Mayan calendar and all...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry, Bruce Willis and a motley crew of APUGGers will save us all [and do lots of walking in slo mo while we're at it]!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not a big loss, but I didn't think Kodak (and Fuji) would kill the APS film production so soon when there is many people still using it. I doubt that the people using APS will switch to 35mm cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin