Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,187   Online: 879

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Looking at the way things are going, a PE firm might be the best way for Kodak film to go.
    You think Ron's going to buy it out personally? :-)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I entered to internet at 1998 , started to interest with alternative processes , wait to buy a polaroid camera than a good german camera. Than I wanted to buy PN 55 and Polaroid stopped the production and I never been able to use it. Than I interested in Kodachrome and they stopped the production and it went away. Now I want to try Ektachrome , my camera broke down and it falls in to danger. I hope I will be able to buy a Leica before Ektachrome to be decided to stop.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Our machines reverted to year '00' which was interpreted as 1970. No problems at all on January 1st, but on 29 February things went weird. This was because 2000 was a leap year but 1970 wasn't.
    Dont know what systems you were using but they were very very badly designed and would have been an easy fix.

Im guessing they were legacy systems in a banking/manufacturing environment?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I entered to internet at 1998 , started to interest with alternative processes , wait to buy a polaroid camera than a good german camera. Than I wanted to buy PN 55 and Polaroid stopped the production and I never been able to use it. Than I interested in Kodachrome and they stopped the production and it went away. Now I want to try Ektachrome , my camera broke down and it falls in to danger. I hope I will be able to buy a Leica before Ektachrome to be decided to stop.
    I understand. I just started getting used to Agfa APX 100 when it was discontinued. Really loved Forte Polywarmtone too, then it went away. I just have to keep working with what we have. Fuji makes really nice E6 films, so at least there is that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGannon View Post
    Im guessing they were legacy systems in a banking/manufacturing environment?
    Yes, in manufacturing.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    Really loved Forte Polywarmtone too, then it went away. I just have to keep working with what we have.

AND
    support/commit to buying what is trying to come back.

http://www.polywarmton.com/
    http://www.polywarmton.com/English/register.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

AND

Thanks Wayne! I reserved some 8x10 and 11x14. Would have done more but then there's no prices listed. I'm pretty sure whatever the price though, I'll be able to afford 100 sheets of each.

I sure do love Adox. Every day a little more. If Kodak bails, I hope Adox gets a crazy thought to buy up all the Kodak equipment
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Not to be caught short, placed a large order with B&H before heading for home......
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    If any firm in this world had to close an operation at the first quarter of operating loss, the world GNP would have fallen by more than 50% by now since the beginning of the crisis...

Fabrizio
    The problem isn't one quarter of operating loss. It is the long term trend, i.e. 98% drop in sales with no end in sight that is the real problem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

AND

Yeah, I registered over a year ago. I forgot about it, actually. I hope that this flies, Polywarmtone is the one thing that I have not managed to replace at least reasonably well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin